Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones?
Aug 6, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #61 of 86
  ^
Don't know why some of ya'll feel so pressed regarding these IEMs, but did anyone SERIOUSLY thought that these "Twinwoofers" would be some budget-fi "giant killer" wonders??? LoL

As a selected reviewer for this product i have a obligation to not just Tekfusion but to this community as well to lay out all the positives as well as negatives regarding these Twinwoofers. I am still in the process of trying to gather my thoughts on them as i go through their burn-in/ tip roll stages and it's all documented here. Just simply reporting what i am hearing nothin' more nothin' less from my personal perspective.

Regarding the price on these........

^
Guess no one has noticed this yet, so this is a mere observation on my part and is not trying to imply anything.  As you can see from the picture above there is a price on the box exactly as suman134 Twinewoofers retail package with a "MRP. Rs. 1550" but on my review sample's package it's covered with a white strip of tape. I ripped the top tape layer off and the MSRP of the Twinwoofers is clearly printed on the box beneath it. I am not gonna speculate the reasoning behind the white tape cuz it could be there for numerous reasons and not necessarily nefarious. Just my observation regarding the "price" and the retail package of these Twinwoofers is alls. 

Funny that suman134 mentioned how these Twinwoofers compared to the previous hyped FOTM IEMs such as the JVC FX40s cuz i PMed a head-fi buddy of mine earlier today with almost the exact comparison. So here you go....

... Take that as you will and that's my honest take on them regarding their price to performance ratio. Never expected these to be "giant killer" from the get-go, but as i have stated numerous times i hear some good potential in these with better tips. These Twinwoofers don't best past FOTM hyped gears such as the JVC FX101/FX40s but they can more than hang with them, and those JVCs were seen as a great value and punched higher than their $12-24 price tags so.....

thats the only reason i didnt sent them back , yes i was ignorant and was blindly bashing but its more because of the pricing if it were priced $30 or 25 i would have said " okay not bad for the price ", but at this price its not that good and it might beat the fx-101 after 100hrs of burning , not the fx-40 , and yeah , these have more forward mids then fx40 . but im more disappointed about the highs , its there but more like lurking , not there , and fx-40 is kind of sibilant at times , you can imagine the difference .

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #62 of 86
 i dont understand this price gap , in india its under 20 and its 50 for those who order it from outside .

Aug 6, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #63 of 86
  ^
Guess no one has noticed this yet, so this is a mere observation on my part and is not trying to imply anything.  As you can see from the picture above there is a price on the box exactly as suman134 Twinewoofers retail package with a "MRP. Rs. 1550" but on my review sample's package it's covered with a white strip of tape. I ripped the top tape layer off and the MSRP of the Twinwoofers is clearly printed on the box beneath it. I am not gonna speculate the reasoning behind the white tape cuz it could be there for numerous reasons and not necessarily nefarious. Just my observation regarding the "price" and the retail package of these Twinwoofers is alls. 

Hello Friend,

I would like to clarify that the reason why we sealed the pricing on the package you received is because that price was invalid. There is no point of showing you an older price that is not valid anymore. We have changed the pricing recently to 49.99usd, and because of that, all our previous packaging's price tags has been sealed off on packaging. Because we manufacture in bulk, we still have old packaging with old price tags, so we had no option but to seal the old pricing. Even if you purchase this product from Amazon today, you will not see an old price on your box, because we sealed it due to being invalid. Do not confuse our offshore pricing with Indian pricing. In India, many of our dealers will be having older stocks that are tagged with old retail price, and old stocks cannot be sold at current pricing scheme. Hope i cleared your doubt on that. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #64 of 86
While I was enjoying the beauty of the housing (I forgot how many times I have told Harry @ TekFusion how much I love the housing design for certain reason), I realized that, there was no holes for the driver to breathe. Could that be one of the reason or the main reason why the leakage of bass? Just my thought. Sorry if it offended the engineer and designer of this wonderful IEM (for the price IMO)

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #65 of 86

thats the only reason i didnt sent them back , yes i was ignorant and was blindly bashing but its more because of the pricing if it were priced $30 or 25 i would have said " okay not bad for the price ", but at this price its not that good and it might beat the fx-101 after 100hrs of burning , not the fx-40 , and yeah , these have more forward mids then fx40 . but im more disappointed about the highs , its there but more like lurking , not there , and fx-40 is kind of sibilant at times , you can imagine the difference .

^
LoL the treble/highs on those FX40s were CRAZY........................ bright. haha Good diggin' though, cuz i am sure you just have the interest of the community in mind and don't want others to have to pay that much more for these Twinwoofer is alls.

i dont understand this price gap , in india its under 20 and its 50 for those who order it from outside .

^
Welp that's really not THAT surprising tbh, cuz just look at the IEMs they sell in China and the inflated prices you would have to pay if you buy it through an international seller. Case in point, the Corecool V2 i got which only sold for $50 shipped to the native Chinese population but the manufacturer demands international sellers to sell them for $100. Those IEM certainly didn't perform at the $100 level sonically but i got them anyways cuz i fell for their hype. 
redface.gif
But good thing i was able to get the seller to give me a good deal on them or else i would have been REALLY pissed. haha

So yeah due to many reasons, the native/local population almost always gets better deals and international buyers has to pay a lot more sadly. And manufacturers are free to raise the prices as they please but it's up to the free market to decide/dictate the "real/street price" for them and rather to buy or not to buy at the end of the day so......

/rant

Hello Friend,

I would like to clarify that the reason why we sealed the pricing on the package you received is because that price was invalid. There is no point of showing you an older price that is not valid anymore. We have changed the pricing recently to 49.99usd, and because of that, all our previous packaging's price tags has been sealed off on packaging. Because we manufacture in bulk, we still have old packaging with old price tags, so we had no option but to seal the old pricing. Even if you purchase this product from Amazon today, you will not see an old price on your box, because we sealed it due to being invalid. Do not confuse our offshore pricing with Indian pricing. In India, many of our dealers will be having older stocks that are tagged with old retail price, and old stocks cannot be sold at current pricing scheme. Hope i cleared your doubt on that. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

^
Welp there you go, thanks for the concise explanation Harry.
beerchug.gif

No problemo i got these for free anyways. : P

Hope you guys can further improve and fine tune these Twinwoofers in your future lineups cuz these do have some good potential. And that's why i am not gonna take it easy on them. haha

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #66 of 86
yup , i dont want others to overpay for these , but as you said it can be the case . and as harry said , prices have increased with the newer batch and i hope they sound better too .

treat it like a $50 phone , compare .

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #67 of 86
http://www.head-fi.org/t/729525/tekfusion-twinwoofer-budget-iem-for-50-impressions-and-discussions-thread

^ just posted my impressions and opened a discussions thread for this IEM! xD

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #68 of 86
as harry said , prices have increased with the newer batch and i hope they sound better too.

Well I dont see any cosmetic changes externally between them.....so might be the fine tuning of driver and/or inner shells with the new batch on sale @amazon is what Harry was referring to?....:rolleyes:

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #69 of 86
Well I dont see any cosmetic changes externally between them.....so might be the fine tuning of driver and/or inner shells with the new batch on sale @amazon is what Harry was referring to?....:rolleyes:

Hopefully Harry can clear that doubt for us xD

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #71 of 86
Well I dont see any cosmetic changes externally between them.....so might be the fine tuning of driver and/or inner shells with the new batch on sale @amazon is what Harry was referring to?....
rolleyes.gif

Hello Friend,

No, the products sold on Amazon do not have any variation in sound, and there might or might not be plans for changing the audio quality. Pricing has been stabilized to lots of fluctuations of currency in market. Anyway, the way you can't judge a book by its cover, the same thing applies to IEMs, you simply can't judge them with their price tag.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/729525/tekfusion-twinwoofer-budget-iem-for-50-impressions-and-discussions-thread

^ just posted my impressions and opened a discussions thread for this IEM! xD

Thanks, and glad to see your initial impressions already!

Aug 6, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #72 of 86
Hello Friend,

No, the products sold on Amazon do not have any variation in sound, and there might or might not be plans for changing the audio quality. Pricing has been stabilized to lots of fluctuations of currency in market.

Appreciate the response to JUST quoted above as it relates only to my query not the rest as It is irrelevant to me,my pal.....:D

Aug 6, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #73 of 86
  So I can kind of understand suman's thoughts after a five hour long listening session with the Allnic HPA-3000/Enigma setup I'm borrowing, but...these cost 1% of that setup so...

Since apparently a detractor is wanted, this is probably going to be the harshest I'm going to be (comically so, because seriously these only cost $50), but I need a break from the Enigma review. I'm too lazy to find my DAP so these are plugged into the Allnic. 

First thing I've noticed is that the treble is pretty grainy, and can get kind of shrill, the extension is acceptable. The midrange is slightly wonky without much texture or dimension. The bass is huge, but rather one-noted and uncontrolled, like that "BRAP" kind of bass you usually hear from really bad car audio setups. Soundstage isn't bad. I've noticed dynamics sound more natural than armatures under $150, and these do have nicer timbre than say the MEElectronics A151.

But actually, they're not bad. They wouldn't be my first recommendation for everyone, but I like these as much as I like the SE215 and would probably recommend these before the Shures unless they're the clumsy type and would take advantage of the removable cable in the Shures.. Even as I was typing this out, they started sounding a lot better as my mind adjusted to their sound. I immediately switched back to the Enigmas after typing this out and now the Enigmas sound weird. This hobby is dumb. 
biggrin.gif

+1000 lol!

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #75 of 86
Appreciate the response to JUST quoted above as it relates only to my query not the rest as It is irrelevant to me,my pal.....
biggrin.gif

You are welcome, my friend!

Glad to read these first impresions, maybe with feedback from all the reviewers you guys can improve the IEM's weak spots?

Sure thing friend, I'm also intrigued to see the impressions. And yes, we're waiting for all reviews, as the impressions are not firm yet, from many reviewers, and it seems as they are getting used to with the sonic signature of the Twinwoofers, and as they give them enough time to burn-in, they will firm up their listening experience. I'm glad to see that most of the initial impressions are on positive side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back