Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones?
Aug 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #46 of 86
  I'm reading the initial impressions and my brain is translating them to, "I don't want to offend, so these are okay if you do XYZ + ABC. Otherwise, these have bloated bass that overwhelms the rest of the spectrum, passing mids, and lackluster highs. In reality, there are a number of better options near the same price point that sound great before having to making significant adjustments."
Sound about right?

Curious to see if impressions change overtime. I was hoping for more critical analysis, even in the initial impressions. These seem a bit glossed over except for suman's, but his lack any specific examples don't offer much insight. Looks like we'll have to wait for the full-blow reviews.

Hmmmm - let me see.

I've had these less than a day.  Here's what I have stated as initial "impressions".

1. Too much bass (for my personal preference)
  2. Bass can mask the midrange
  3. Midrange is quite good if EQ'd

Otherwise I'm not making any calls (good or bad) on these until I've had a proper chance to get to know them.  It's how I review.   Personally, I think making a snap judgement call on 10 minutes listening is irresponsible.  I'm also not going to "gloss over" anything.  Quite frankly I find that insinuation insulting.

If you want some additional "superficial" comments:
  1. At first glance, build quality looks reasonably good
  2. Cable tends to kink, and is probably a little on the flimsy side
  3. Accessory package is good for the price range
  4. They are pretty comfortable to wear (I'm using some foam tips)

You'll get more when I've had a chance to evaluate these properly.

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #47 of 86
I will post my impression and some photos in probably a new thread (for all reviewers to join as well) this afternoon :D

After 10+ hours of burn in's impression...

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #48 of 86
^
Same here got these in late last night, did some quick listens for less than 1hr while tip rollin' and posted what i thought of them cuz i always like to document my 1st impressions vs. during/post burn-in phase so....

Those previous posts were more like 1st listening brainstorms meng just trying to gather my thoughts on them cuz just popped these in for the 2nd time like an hour ago.

Oh back to their stock tips.... btw keep forgetting to mention that i do get driver flex on my sets and it's not too bad with the stock tips (it seals crazy well like the tenores does, maybe a bit too well cuz the sound can get affected by vacuum seal) but with the Triple-fi 10 tips driver flex is wayyy more obvious but the sound has better balance with those wide bore tips though.

With the stock tips the bass is wayyy too thundering/ boomy/ congested and bleeds much more into the rest of the sonic spectrum. Sounds more "V" shape/ fatiguing even makes them a bit "hot/bright" as well cuz it's more energetic.

Yeppp their narrow bore stock tips are crap just as i initially thought, though it's a mo' "fun"/exciting listen if you want a cheap thrill with better isolation. haha

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #49 of 86
^^Agree on both the driver flex + also stock tips.  Good seal, quite bassy and a lot of bleed with the included silicon tips.

I'm currently using the blue foam tips included with the Altone200.  They're similar to a Comply TS400 in size and shape.  Not as much bass bleed through, and allows the mids to shine a little more.

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #50 of 86

Hmmmm - let me see.

Otherwise I'm not making any calls (good or bad) on these until I've had a proper chance to get to know them.  It's how I review.   Personally, I think making a snap judgement call on 10 minutes listening is irresponsible.  I'm also not going to "gloss over" anything.  Quite frankly I find that insinuation insulting.

^
Same here got these in late last night, did some quick listens for less than 1hr while tip rollin' and posted what i thought of them cuz i always like to document my 1st impressions vs. during/post burn-in phase so....

Whoa, looks like two words got the party started. I apologize. The "gloss over" wasn't intended to offend the reviewers. The wording of the initial impressions led me to the same conclusion as Suman's, "Really guys?" exclamation. After he said that, all of the sudden there were additional, more distinct impressions of the already mentioned areas added. Seems the same just happened when my two words apparently offended. Well, if that's what it takes. Sorry that my opinion doesn't set well. 

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #51 of 86
@Kamakahah - the issue I'd have is that whilst 3 people have said that these seem to have some promise (myself, sfwalcer, and Billson), there has been only one who's said they are rubbish (suman), yet you are calling the majority into doubt immediately.  And you haven't heard them yet to be able to inform an opinion.

Confused .......

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #52 of 86
@Kamakahah
 - the issue I'd have is that whilst 3 people have said that these seem to have some promise (myself, sfwalcer, and Billson), there has been only one who's said they are rubbish (suman), yet you are calling the majority into doubt immediately.  And you haven't heard them yet to be able to inform an opinion.

Confused .......

My issue was never with the earphones potential. You can like it, love it or hate it. It doesn't matter to me. It was the wording of the impressions. Specifically, how they became more detailed and critical after his statements. BTW, majority really means nothing when it comes to this hobby or much else in life. It certainly doesn't justify anything. In fact it's a fallacy, but that's a story for another time.

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #53 of 86
^
Alright talk is cheap, so going by my mantra PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!
deadhorse.gif

... pretty generic throw away spartan packing. 

....: 2 sets of triple flange (M/S) and 3 sets of narrow bore single flange tips (S/M/L) along with a biggie and shirt clip.

... with the IEMs included.

... cable is a bit rubbery with decent Y-spliter/ straight 3.5mm jack. Again nothin' fancy but does the job.

... it's see if ya'll are observant.
wink.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #54 of 86
  ^^Agree on both the driver flex + also stock tips.  Good seal, quite bassy and a lot of bleed with the included silicon tips.

I'm currently using the blue foam tips included with the Altone200.  They're similar to a Comply TS400 in size and shape.  Not as much bass bleed through, and allows the mids to shine a little more.

^
Coolios good to hear but i am not a fan of foam tips tbh. Plus don't have many of them around and they are a bit pricey so.... haha : P

Whoa, looks like two words got the party started. I apologize. The "gloss over" wasn't intended to offend the reviewers. The wording of the initial impressions led me to the same conclusion as Suman's, "Really guys?" exclamation. After he said that, all of the sudden there were additional, more distinct impressions of the already mentioned areas added. Seems the same just happened when my two words apparently offended. Well, if that's what it takes. Sorry that my opinion doesn't set well. 

+
My issue was never with the earphones potential. You can like it, love it or hate it. It doesn't matter to me. It was the wording of the impressions. Specifically, how they became more detailed and critical after his statements. BTW, majority really means nothing when it comes to this hobby or much else in life. It certainly doesn't justify anything. In fact it's a fallacy, but that's a story for another time.

^
nah think you give yourself wayyyy too much credit.
tongue.gif

My post are the same as before your post, said initially their stock tips was crap last night which made these sound worse than they are. Heard some potential using the triple-fi 10 tips and reported it (hence why you posted that "gloss over" statement???). The after your statement i went back to the stock tips cuz wanted to hear the difference between narrow bore stock tips vs. the wide bore triple-fi 10 tips. Again reported/confirmed that those stock tips are crap and made these Twinwoofers sounded worse.

Your comment didn't have anything to do with what i posted cuz was gonna do it regardless so..... someone sure thinks too highly of themselves and their influence. haha 
bigsmile_face.gif

edit: oh btw i use exclamation marks for EVERYTHING!!! And three of them at a tyme as well!!! Try not to take offense or read too much into it. : P

Aug 5, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #55 of 86
So I can kind of understand suman's thoughts after a five hour long listening session with the Allnic HPA-3000/Enigma setup I'm borrowing, but...these cost 1% of that setup so...

Since apparently a detractor is wanted, this is probably going to be the harshest I'm going to be (comically so, because seriously these only cost $50), but I need a break from the Enigma review. I'm too lazy to find my DAP so these are plugged into the Allnic. 

First thing I've noticed is that the treble is pretty grainy, and can get kind of shrill, the extension is acceptable. The midrange is slightly wonky without much texture or dimension. The bass is huge, but rather one-noted and uncontrolled, like that "BRAP" kind of bass you usually hear from really bad car audio setups. Soundstage isn't bad. I've noticed dynamics sound more natural than armatures under $150, and these do have nicer timbre than say the MEElectronics A151.

But actually, they're not bad. They wouldn't be my first recommendation for everyone, but I like these as much as I like the SE215 and would probably recommend these before the Shures unless they're the clumsy type and would take advantage of the removable cable in the Shures.. Even as I was typing this out, they started sounding a lot better as my mind adjusted to their sound. I immediately switched back to the Enigmas after typing this out and now the Enigmas sound weird. This hobby is dumb. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #56 of 86
  going by the asking price of $50  even at $20 for me ha-fx40 , brainwavz delta are far better , or even the she3580 , and would like to believe that there are far better earphone then these in this price range but this might please the bass heads , mine is 50 hrs burnt and i will give it 50 more of white/pink noise , and with burning it has improved , i have some sound stage now , before there was none , some highs sneaking in . and bass is going nowhere . lets see . and being an audiophile im sticking to my single eq , cant change eq for every phone i have , and i am not going to give it any advantages by giving it any other tips too , i find the tri flanges to be good though .

And guys , haven't you seen better phones under this price ? and these guys are simply robbing guys from amazon.com . when these are here for $18 , i bought it for this price . and i feel that these are not even even worth this price .

http://www.flipkart.com/tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones/p/itmd6z7qynbsu483?pid=ACCD6Z7PBRYWTMGA&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=tekfusion&ref=def26a7f-c891-416e-bbdb-f3b08901b2b0

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #57 of 86
 and yes i was on my way to return it , then i thought , lets sample it , it has a basshead bass and at $18 its cheap too , so not a big deal if i keep these .

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #58 of 86
So write a review.

But considering this is TekFusion's thread (it's in the "Sponsor Announcements and Deals section after all) , and you weren't selected as one of their reviewers - it's probably better form to create your own thread, or simply put it in the product section.

Aug 5, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #59 of 86
  So write a review.

But considering this is TekFusion's thread (it's in the "Sponsor Announcements and Deals section after all) , and you weren't selected as one of their reviewers - it's probably better form to create your own thread, or simply put it in the product section.

yeah , sorry about that . i forgot its a sponsor thread .

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #60 of 86
    going by the asking price of $50  even at $20 for me ha-fx40 , brainwavz delta are far better , or even the she3580 , and would like to believe that there are far better earphone then these in this price range but this might please the bass heads , mine is 50 hrs burnt and i will give it 50 more of white/pink noise , and with burning it has improved , i have some sound stage now , before there was none , some highs sneaking in . and bass is going nowhere . lets see . and being an audiophile im sticking to my single eq , cant change eq for every phone i have , and i am not going to give it any advantages by giving it any other tips too , i find the tri flanges to be good though .

And guys , haven't you seen better phones under this price ? and these guys are simply robbing guys from amazon.com . when these are here for $18 , i bought it for this price . and i feel that these are not even even worth this price .

http://www.flipkart.com/tekfusion-twinwoofers-in-ear-headphones/p/itmd6z7qynbsu483?pid=ACCD6Z7PBRYWTMGA&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=tekfusion&ref=def26a7f-c891-416e-bbdb-f3b08901b2b0

^
Don't know why some of ya'll feel so pressed regarding these IEMs, but did anyone SERIOUSLY thought that these "Twinwoofers" would be some budget-fi "giant killer" wonders??? LoL

As a selected reviewer for this product i have a obligation to not just Tekfusion but to this community as well to lay out all the positives as well as negatives regarding these Twinwoofers. I am still in the process of trying to gather my thoughts on them as i go through their burn-in/ tip roll stages and it's all documented here. Just simply reporting what i am hearing nothin' more nothin' less from my personal perspective.

Regarding the price on these........

... it's see if ya'll are observant.
wink.gif

^
Guess no one has noticed this yet, so this is a mere observation on my part and is not trying to imply anything.  As you can see from the picture above there is a price on the box exactly as suman134 Twinewoofers retail package with a "MRP. Rs. 1550" but on my review sample's package it's covered with a white strip of tape. I ripped the top tape layer off and the MSRP of the Twinwoofers is clearly printed on the box beneath it. I am not gonna speculate the reasoning behind the white tape cuz it could be there for numerous reasons and not necessarily nefarious. Just my observation regarding the "price" and the retail package of these Twinwoofers is alls. 

Funny that suman134 mentioned how these Twinwoofers compared to the previous hyped FOTM IEMs such as the JVC FX40s cuz i PMed a head-fi buddy of mine earlier today with almost the exact comparison. So here you go....
 Funny you mentioned dem Indian review sets, i am gonna tell you this 1st, cuz they remind of a poor mans Ostry KC06s. LMAO  
I had CRAZY low expectation for them and thought they would just sound like bass/fart cannons but i hear quite a bit of potential there esp. in their mid-range which has pretty damn good lush forward mids along with definition.

Upon 1st listen with their crappy stock tips they sound like typical bassy $10 craps you get, but after a night of burning them in, there is better clarity/transparency. Not as TOTAL bass/fart cannon as it seems. LoLs

Of course using the wide bore Triple-fi 10 tips on them might have helped a lot. haha I would say these are on par with the original TTPOD T1 but not as good/refined as the newly hyped TTPOD T1-E. Pretty good/ surprising though.

see the mrp: its 1550 = $25 , and i got mine for exactly $18 . and harry 1986 is hell bent on this , this is the price , if you can not read , it says made on april 2014 .

^
This dood got it right cuz there is also the MRP:Rs. 1550 on my package but the price is covered over with a white strip of tape. LMAO

So for $25 these are damn decent, but not at the $45 level cuz that's Ostry KC06 prices already meng. These can't touch the birds fo' sho no ifs or buts. haha

For 18 these are worth a try, on par maybe even better than the JVC FX101 in some aspects but not as refined as the FX40s in totality, though these Twinwoofers have better midrange than both of those JVCs. haha

... Take that as you will and that's my honest take on them regarding their price to performance ratio. Never expected these to be "giant killer" from the get-go, but as i have stated numerous times i hear some good potential in these with better tips. These Twinwoofers don't best past FOTM hyped gears such as the JVC FX101/FX40s but they can more than hang with them, and those JVCs were seen as a great value and punched higher than their $12-24 price tags so.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back