Who is DONE? How long have they been DONE for?
Jan 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #46 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...almost done...

Now that's the true Head-Fi and HiFi mentality I am still very much a part of.

How can it ever be truly 'done' as new products and developments occur (e.g. recent exStatA electrostatic amp)?
wink_face.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #47 of 101
Come March I'll have been "done" for 4 years. Nothing in that time has bested the O2 and I think I've heard everything at the top end except the HE90, SR-Omega and SR-Sigma.

If I buy any other headphone. It'll be a JH-13. And I won't be getting those, as I like my ER-4P. So I guess I'm done.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #48 of 101
I'm not done, but I'm slowing since I'm seriously thinking of canceling the order I made on the T1 and instead trying one of the well established offerings, i.e., the K702/1. What I do know is that I can't own only 1 can. This is my current situation at home and I definitely don't like it. Up to recently, I had 3, but sold 2 and sent the third out for upgrading. I now have the Ed8 while waiting for the return of my upgraded SR325is.

With regard to my other gear, I've been looking with interest at a tube amp, but no serious interest. I just wish not to go there and will remain in the SS world. I'm very happy with my current SS setup too. No desire to change.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #50 of 101
2009 was a year of change for me. But purposeful and worthwhile change that has resulted in a mid-fi rig I am quite pleased with. I don't for see changes in 2010 which allows me to concentrate on music.

Assuming I follow what I've done with my mid-vid home entertainment system, I am done. I am as satisfied with my headphone set up as I am with my home system ... and I've had that system for 5 years.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #52 of 101
i'm done for two-three years now, and i've come to the opinion that any decent headphone/amp/dac above $100 is matter-of-preference. I likely won't pay thousands to listen to a few well recorded cd. Back to music.

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #53 of 101
I am done in my search and have gained enough knowledge through my experience. However as the majority of people, I enjoy having <new toys to play with>. That means that some time from now I might buy another pair I might fancy, but I will know what to expect.

What keeps being priority in my list is comfort.

Jan 2, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #54 of 101
I became active on these forums again after a 4 year hiatus. It was a very brief stint in 2005, but people recommended the Creative ep630s and I didn't come back here until I began looking for a DAC for my NHT M-00s. Because of logging in I have now bought the following items:

Fubar II
Fubar III
DacMagic
Keces 151
Head-Direct EF2
Grado SR125i
Denon D2000
Little Dot I+
NuForce NE-7M
Koss KSC75 (probably the only sane purchase)

Not to mention various wires, adapters, cases, and other small accessories.

To make matters worse, every time I think I'm done, something pulls me right back in! (Pacino, baby!)

In this case it was the uDac, but it was a move to reclaim my desktop space. My LDI+ for all the beauty it brings, needed to be displaced for a while until I move to a new apartment and get a new desk. My D2000s won't be the same until then
frown.gif

I don't think I'm done though as I'd like a nice set of portable headphones with the ability to block noise on the subway (Senn HD25?)

I might be going at this for a while ...

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #55 of 101
I only started 6 months ago...so I am far from done. More headphones to buy...a DAC, CD player, better amp, more music, etc. This is easily something I will continue for a very long time.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #56 of 101
I've been very happy so far with my GS-1 and my HD600, as fed by the Pico DAC. It is certainly conceivable that my current rig could be my last one. That's not something I've really been able to say about any of my other setups. But I wouldn't say that I'm "done" just yet.
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #57 of 101
I feel like I am done in regards to an open headphone with my HD600, I am not done in regards to finding the right IEM, and I would like to find thr right closed fullsize headphone as well.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #58 of 101
I'm pretty happy with my IE8's - recently brought some t-400/sony hybrid tips and now the fit/isolation is pretty much perfect. Full sized cans is whole another story though.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #59 of 101
I'm just getting back into this - found this forum, and just got my Denon D2000's over xmas - which I think are great. I ordered the J$ ear pads, and plan on upgrading the cups to some custom wood ones from Mark Lawton when he gets some back in. Besides that, I'm probably good for now but as some point I'll want to get another pair of not necessarily better phones, but different sounding - most like likely some Senns - but for now I will enjoy breaking in my D2000's.

For me as with speakers years ago and recently with custom acoustic guitars ( we get 'GAS' - guitar aquisition syndrome), there's always a better one out there you want, and you can get really caught up in the persuit of the 'holy grail'. I guess though, ignorance is bliss as if you dont hear something better - what you have is the best
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #60 of 101
I've vowed that my HE-5 / EF-5 combo will be my last audio purchase for at least a year.The financial damage these forums inflict upon us is actually staggering when you think about.Once i get my combo set, i'm done.Not falling for this FOTM cr*p anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back