Who is DONE? How long have they been DONE for?
Jan 2, 2010 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

myk7000

1000+ Head-Fier
We all know the head-fi bug of upgraditis. I myself have been upgrading senselessly for the past year and a half but just want to be done in some way or another.

How many of you active head-fi'ers have actually been DONE for a while?

Anyone who actually has stuck to their word for a long time and been done?

Just curious, in celebration of my 1000th post.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 101
I just started and I don't think there is a "DONE" I think it is an ever growing sickness lol. In a good way though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #4 of 101
I am extremely happy with my Denon 2000's, in comfort, looks, quality and the sound. I really don't know what more I could improve with new headphones.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 101
Humm I am not done but I will never spend 500 on an amp, I will never spend 500 on headphones. I might change to different headphones, but I can't justify spending 1000 on a headphone set up. That is just me though.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 101
Hmmm... as an artist, there is a definite point where one (subconsciously, or not) asks whether the artwork at hand is finished. Perhaps we are aural artists of some sort, or should I say curators of sound? More importantly, can we go beyond an end-point?

Um... Yeah... *cough*

How about that local sports team?
wink.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #7 of 101
I had been done for a while with my speakers setup, then I got back into headphones and equipment is being shuffled around and money is being spent... new dual core atom netbooks are coming out... not done yet for sure.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #8 of 101
I feel like I keep getting worse and worse. I hear one thing, then I want to hear more and more. Part of me feels like it's a major sickness, the other part of me is thankful for it because it gets me through the winters. Bottom line is I'm having a freakin blast
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #9 of 101
I'm pretty much done with IEM's, I have two main sets on rotation. Trying to sell the Ad900's to buy a set of K701's and an amp.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #12 of 101
Once I get a Triple.fi 10 Pro and a ZuneHD, I would say I'm 'done' for a little bit. Then maybe a portable amp to go with it (maybe, I know the pitfalls of portable audio). That's in terms of upgraditis anyway. Sometime I could just buy stuff to review etc...

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #13 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not done, but am not spending money on audio in 2010. That is my resolution.

Good luck.

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #14 of 101
I'm done for the most part, I hope, maybe, until the new flagship AKG is announced. That might get me to sell everything and have only one headphone.

Although I've been tossing abouth the idea of the HE-5 and 880/600 several times, I'm not yet convinced either of the two are far superior to what I currently have.

I'll just say im in transition or limbo. Lmao

Ross

EDIT: oops, I forgot about the Pico Slim. Ok, then I'm done for a little. Yeah really!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #15 of 101
I currently have no desire for any full size HP or IEM "upgrade". I'm still happy with my first tube amp which I bought soon after joining. For portable amps, I am planning to buy the Pico Slim. I have enough stuff already for a small party...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back