Who here is NOT buying MW2?
Nov 10, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #121 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that the laws regarding resale of digital downloads haven't been settled but the technical barriers are easily within reach it's just that either there is little incentive for the providers to allow it (although they could profit by charging a transaction fee) or the content creators don't want to allow it.. yet. Until it becomes a big enough issue and there is sufficient pressure from consumers to look into the legality regarding the transfer of digital media for monetary gain we will never see it come to light. In my opinion all of this content is sold as a limited licence therefor full ownership rights would not apply, but I'm no lawyer.
normal_smile .gif

There's really no incentive for providers to allow a transfer. The only practical way for it to come about would be for a boneheaded content provider to take a resale to court and lose.

As for the limited license thing, Autodesk pushed that line of reasoning in Vernor v. Autodesk to prevent Vernor from reselling his copy of Autocad. They lost.

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #122 of 218
Me.

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #123 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's really no incentive for providers to allow a transfer. The only practical way for it to come about would be for a boneheaded content provider to take a resale to court and lose.

As for the limited license thing, Autodesk pushed that line of reasoning in Vernor v. Autodesk to prevent Vernor from reselling his copy of Autocad. They lost.

Interesting, though I have to wonder if the fact that Autocad is more of a commercial software tool vs if the case were regarding a piece of entertainment would it have had any bearing on the outcome.

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #126 of 218
I know a few people who bought it on PC (traitors) who say that the single-player is pretty good (although not as good as MW1) and multiplayer is pretty much ruined.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #129 of 218
I wonder how long it will take for people to splice dedicated servers into MW2, or the content from MW2 into CoD4. Surely somebody is at least trying it. It's probably locked the heck up, but (DRM) crackers always manage to crack games, so who knows.

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #130 of 218
I reckon there'll be a mod for CoD4 which adds MW2 like features pretty soon. And maybe some sort of higher-res graphics pack or something.

Nov 11, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #131 of 218
Having never played the first one - I am enjoying the 2nd one very much. My wife made me buy it today and I have been having a blast with it.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #135 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by thaddeussmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why does it matter? pc gamers are whiny self indulgent girls ..gaming is gaming, who gives a damn the platform?

Wow, can you be more ignorant?

Wait, on second thought, don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back