Who here is NOT buying MW2?
Nov 6, 2009 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 218

fraseyboy

Headphoneus Supremus
No dedicated servers, 9v9 player limit, no console commands... All of the benefits of PC gaming are gone! How long will it be till they remove the support for Mouse and Keyboard?

I don't understand why IW would do such a thing... Either way, I'm going to let them know with my wallet. Sadly it seems PC gaming is dying.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #2 of 218
Nov 6, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 218
CONSOLE CONSOLE CONSOLE!

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 218
I hadn't heard about those things, but it does turn me off... I probably will not get it. Maybe if it drops in price but who knows.
I'm not a fan of console FPS, I don't really like using analog sticks and such.

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #6 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hadn't heard about those things, but it does turn me off... I probably will not get it. Maybe if it drops in price but who knows.
I'm not a fan of console FPS, I don't really like using analog sticks and such.

I know, right! I seriously don't see how they can be remaining calm about it all, considering the number of PC gamers who don't agree with it.

PC gamers actually have the brain capacity to choose a server. We don't need any of this matchmaking tomfoolery.

Also, forgot to mention the removing of mods and custom maps. They're killing a big part of what made COD4 fun!

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mechwarrior 2?
What game is this

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #9 of 218
I was looking forward to playing it and considered pre-ordering, but decided against it after hearing about the lack of dedicated servers. Really unfortunate, but I can't support them after doing something like that.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #10 of 218
I too was looking forward to it. I was even planning to line up for a midnight launch.

On the bright side it means that the money can be put towards other releases.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #11 of 218
Huh?? 9 vs 9 limit?? I did not hear about this until you brought this up.

The CoD series are now officially consolized...Along with so many others *Cough* Rainbow Six *Cough* Flashpoint *Cough*

And the best part, they want $60 for the PC version.

Did they seriously take away the ability to choose our own servers? I am shocked right now. Looks like I am going to stay with CoD: MW1.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #14 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by MomijiTMO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay for slow adsl [RIM] so this actually prevents me from the online experience. Who plays COD for single player anyway. So tata MW2.

I find that the single player experience in the CoD games is often better than the multiplayer. In this case it certainly will be.

I will definitely acquire it somehow for the singleplayer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back