Who here actually carrys a amp with them everywere they go?
Sep 28, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #46 of 59
I do carry an amp when I have a bag
smily_headphones1.gif
can't wait to get a fiio though

Sep 29, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #48 of 59
The RSA Tomahawk, goes along with my 5g iPod, wouldn't think of listening without it.

Oct 1, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #50 of 59
I've always carried any amp I've had with me. Velcroed to my ipod. Guess an old school like me who lugged a discman around while walking or biking finds a small amp and an ipod little bother. Doesn't even feel heavy on my belt to me...well worth the so called hassle.

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #51 of 59
Xin's Supermini is perfect for carrying around, small, great sound and the case is a lot more sturdy than the Supermicro- the top of the case is secured down rather than being loose.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #52 of 59
After I got the fiio, I only carry my c&c around if I am using my huge zen touch as source. The fiio is such a better companion for my Meizu. :<

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #54 of 59
Yes I carry it everywhere, is it worth carrying along with me? No and yes, it makes my ipod sound listenable, but it still an ipod and it is a pain to put it in my pocket, and take it out to change songs.

Oct 2, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #56 of 59
Used to carry various Xin amps for years but has downscaled to just the iPhone now. No doubt the amped sound was better but in the end I could not be bothered so convenience won. Anyway I find that the sq advantage of the amp deminishes a great deal if the environment gets noisy as public transport tends to be. Now for the rig I set up in the hotel room when I travel I would never do without an amp.

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #57 of 59
sorry, tried it and lugging around an amp is a bit cumbersome. something along the lines of a Fiio is the biggest amp i'd even think about carrying around, nevertheless something bigger

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #58 of 59
I will carry a iriver H120 and a Xin, SR-71A, Predator, iBasson D3 in my cargo pocket of my shorts. Works well. Lately I have been using the 71A a lot with the PortaPros modified.

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #59 of 59
I do!
biggrin.gif

Its built into my iPod's though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back