Who here actually carrys a amp with them everywere they go?
Sep 26, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not anymore.
I used to, for a year or so. Until sometime last year when I decided it was not worth it for me. I sacrificed sound quality for portability.

Ditto. At the height of my craizness, I had an iMod w/ an ALO cable attached to a RSA Hornet, and the ER4S. Nowadays I realize it' just not worth it, and I just travel with either the Classic or Clip and KSC75.
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #19 of 59
I have been known to carry imod, vcap dock and iqube, of course when I am using my bag, but I decided that was overkill and will always strap an amp to my classic when I am at uni as it fits perfectly in my inside coat pocket. Not a particularly big pocket, it just fits a wallet in there nice, but I think sometimes what people deem as not being portable is keeping things extremely relative, as of themselves, an mp3 player with amp is eminently portable imo and should fit in most coat pockets and of course bags.

I understand if its a hot day and shorts and t shirt are called for however.

As for the trade off with sound quality and not being able to intently focus on the music as you could at home, that is true, to an extent, but walking around campus, on a totally pedestrianised area and without fear of being mugged etc then you can afford to ascribe a little bit more concentration onto the music as you would normally allow in a public setting and as such it is worth it for me.

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #20 of 59
It seems that most of these responses are from members that travel around by foot or public transportation.

I always have a Tomahawk and my iRiver H-120 and ER4P's in my car glove box for my breaks between service calls and chillin' out at a park B4 I go home after a long hard day.

When I travel for business (2-3 day/week) my iMod and Portaphile and my UE-10's are always in my laptop bag.

Have music, will travel.
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #21 of 59
I take it with me almost everywhere. Ive just learned that you should not go walking around the airport with the Cowon D2 and mint tin amp strapped together with velcro in your hands. Some people think your carrying a bomb. Rather inconvenient for the user I would say.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #24 of 59
I can't see the the point of getting a portable amp if I don't plan to use it for portable uses. Rather get a home amp / "transportable amp" like Zero or something.

I actually don't like carrying the fiio around because the headphone out is on the other side of the input. kinda inconvenient for my pocket.

Sep 26, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #26 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I carry either of the rigs listed in my signature around with me
smily_headphones1.gif

You are trying to say that you are using the ED9 as a portable headphone? I guess it's more dangerous to walk around with white earbuds, but still.

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:38 PM Post #28 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"No but i use a resistor to make up for it."
confused_face_2.gif

I didn't really get that one either. Because of that I probably don't.

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #29 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive just learned that you should not go walking around the airport with the Cowon D2 and mint tin amp strapped together with velcro in your hands. Some people think your carrying a bomb.

Funny that you mention this.
In July, I was going through Boston Logan Airport with my iMod and a SR-71 tethered together with a velcro strap in my computer bag. It had a ALO Jena Cryo 6 wire iMod dock connecting the 2.
It was flagged going through the X-Ray, and the supervisor, when pulling it put of the bag looked at me and said, "C'Mon...who are you, Wyle E. Cyote?"

He knew it was innocent, but it looks like one of those Acme bombs that Wyle E. uses to try and blow up the Roadrunner.

So now I disaasemble everything before going through security and reassemble it at the gate. I have had a couple of stewardesses (excuse me, I mean fight attendants) ask me what it was with a fearful look on their face.
tongue_smile.gif

Wylie_TNT_City.jpg

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #30 of 59
Where you guys get the velcro strap material? local hardware shop? or is there some resizable thing purchasable online?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back