Who here actually carrys a amp with them everywere they go?
Sep 26, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 59
I used to carry around my Headsix with my iPod. But I've favoured the Minibox-D instead due to its slimness and size. It's annoying to have something bulky in the pocket.

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #4 of 59
My Predator is WAY small enough to be tucked away into my backpack (which also holds my laptop). How else would I reach aural euphoria while on a bus/subway?

Sep 26, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 59
I will be taking my Zen Head w/ me along w/ full size headphones & 2 or 3 of my DAPs in an Eddie Bauer Laptop case I got from my niece & nephew as a bd present. I don't care to listen to music if I can't stop somewhere for a music listening session . I'm sure I've gotten some glances from people in Barnes & Nobles (or such) when I am listening w/ full size cans . At my age I'm not concerned what the "Image Police" are thinking when I'm enjoying my portable music this much .

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #6 of 59
I don't use my 2Move while walking or while taking public transportation, but I do take it with me to school and use it in the library. It is just too cumbersome to use it with my iphone while I'm on the move. When I plug in the amp to my laptop, it is totally worth it. Either way, I use my super.fi 5s when I'm not at home.

Edit: I guess if I am to address the title of the thread, it would be more accurate to say that I do cary my amp with me everywhere I go.

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #7 of 59
My voyager follows me everywhere
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 59
I don't have mine yet but I always have a backpack or a big purse with me, so carrying one will never be a problem

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #9 of 59
Not anymore.
I used to, for a year or so. Until sometime last year when I decided it was not worth it for me. I sacrificed sound quality for portability.

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 59
Same here, can't be bothered basically. Just take Zen 32GB plus an SD card or two. I can leave the hi-fi experience plus big cans for home...

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #12 of 59
Yes I do. I am carrying around a Asus Eee PC connected to a Porta Corda MkIII. Since I am using the laptop (netbook if you like) at school a lot as well I am carrying a bag anyway. The extra weight and size of the Porta Corda is negligible. So my portable setup is:

Asus Eee --> PC MkIII --> HD25-II -->
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #14 of 59
i carry my fiio if I am using my denon 1001 with my macbok pro or clip, but if I am just carrying my touch 2g and sf5p, I go ampless.

I really like the combination of my sf5p and ipod touch; it's simple and sounds so great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back