Who has an end game setup?
Jul 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #451 of 834
This is how I keep myself content.  I have over 30 headphones but keep only 10 out and ready to roll when Im in the mood. Between my Nuforce dac 9, my O2, 6000MKII tube amp and a jack out of my CM30 powered Cube monitor they are all plugged in and available at once.  I use a couple large capacity home made phone stands and with the touch of a few buttons I choose from these phones:  LCD2,  HD800 ,HD650, MAD DOGS, HF-2 ,AKG701, D7000, HE5000, DT990(600).   M50 and porta pros (my cell phone) are at my computer  for use with my Fiio E17 E9 combo.  My dac9 also powers my stereo system which consists of the 2 powered cube monitors a couple KAM Fidelio 6.5 speakers and a Pioneer sub woofer.  I've been content like this for quite sometime now and God willing this is it.

Jul 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #452 of 834
Quote:
This is how I keep myself content.  I have over 30 headphones but keep only 10 out and ready to roll when Im in the mood. Between my Nuforce dac 9, my O2, 6000MKII tube amp and a jack out of my CM30 powered Cube monitor they are all plugged in and available at once.  I use a couple large capacity home made phone stands and with the touch of a few buttons I choose from these phones:  LCD2,  HD800 ,HD650, MAD DOGS, HF-2 ,AKG701, D7000, HE5000, DT990(600).   M50 and porta pros (my cell phone) are at my computer  for use with my Fiio E17 E9 combo.  My dac9 also powers my stereo system which consists of the 2 powered cube monitors a couple KAM Fidelio 6.5 speakers and a Pioneer sub woofer.  I've been content like this for quite sometime now and God willing this is it.

Impressive home setup, but you being a truck driver I have to ask, what do you use on the road?  

By the way, your avatar is awesome.  How happy you are in it makes me happy.  
size]

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #455 of 834

"God willing this is it" lol! Good luck with that mate.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #457 of 834
If

If you don't mind my asking with all those amazing cans why do you still have an e17?

Jul 31, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #459 of 834
So what is the top of the line product for each company. Stax, hifiman, fostex, ect.

What I can yell you is not based on experience. I'm assuming you mean ehat flagship models are so good that they may be enough.
Those memtioned here are the Hifiman HE6. The Stax SR009. The Sony MDR10 bass heavy. The Fostex TH900. Audeze have both LCD2 rev 2 and LCD3 mentions. Sennheiser HD800'S have completed a couple of awesome setups too.
My 5 flagships are IEM Sony XBA4 ip, open Phones HD800 , Stax SRX Mark 3, Stax Sigma Pro, Beyerdynamic T1.
The Sony don't compare with the rest but are the best for hands free telephone calls. The Sigma Pro looks the weirdest and goes the loudest without hurting my ears. The HD800 are the most flexible because they can be plugged into most of my kit and still sound great. Although they need amping realistically out of my mobile phone or other portable devices I have. The Stax SRX and Sigma were top of the line in their day. But I think that was before we landed on the moon.

Jul 31, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #460 of 834
Thanks, i was just looking for some names to look at, at the top tier.

What I can yell you is not based on experience. I'm assuming you mean ehat flagship models are so good that they may be enough.
Those memtioned here are the Hifiman HE6. The Stax SR009. The Sony MDR10 bass heavy. The Fostex TH900. Audeze have both LCD2 rev 2 and LCD3 mentions. Sennheiser HD800'S have completed a couple of awesome setups too.
My 5 flagships are IEM Sony XBA4 ip, open Phones HD800 , Stax SRX Mark 3, Stax Sigma Pro, Beyerdynamic T1.
The Sony don't compare with the rest but are the best for hands free telephone calls. The Sigma Pro looks the weirdest and goes the loudest without hurting my ears. The HD800 are the most flexible because they can be plugged into most of my kit and still sound great. Although they need amping realistically out of my mobile phone or other portable devices I have. The Stax SRX and Sigma were top of the line in their day. But I think that was before we landed on the moon.

Aug 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #461 of 834
END GAME setup, well I had it with my speaker system, APL NB-1 speakers driven by APL UA-S4 amp and a source considered among the worlds best the APL NWO-Master Edition.
Downgraded to the smaller speakers NB-2 sold the expensive DAC/CD and ordered the much cheaper USB DAC-X but keeping the amp. Playing Space for the Papa by Jeff Beck no headphones have been close this far...
So speaker rig APL NB-2 <- UA-S4 <- Dac X is done for ever unless Alex comes up with some even cheaper stuff.

As for headphones Ive had the AD2K for more than 2 years and long ago let go of the T1/HD800/LCD2 and have no urge to try any other dynamics.

However a KGSSHV is incoming any day now....

Quote:
I agree. It's the end of a long journey. Normally that means a seriously expensive setup has been assembled that represents the best of the best. To get the best you have to pay for it and that goes for most things in life.
There will be some that have gone too far and they sell it all and go back to an ipod with ear buds. I don't suppose they stay with headfi in that scenario though.
But if you're out there we'd like to hear your story too.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #462 of 834
Regarding the poll, can I select/vote more than one headphones?

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #465 of 834
Well with a full weekend with my sprtizer built KGSSHV and SR-009s, I'm definitely ready to call this my End Game Setup. 
size]

Maybe a new Bryston BDA-2 DAC in the fall/wintertime....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back