Who has an end game setup?
Jul 25, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #439 of 834
Quote:
Looks expensive for sure, Audiobyte only returned the Hydra X converter what model is that?

i was about to say the same thing, looks expensive,and big too!

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #440 of 834
Looks big + looks expensive = definitely high-end!

wink_face.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #441 of 834
Quote:
Looks big + looks expensive = definitely high-end!

wink_face.gif

has to look expensive though cause take out the shiny buttons and LED and looks big = definitely DIY 

Jul 26, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #443 of 834
Lots of different end game set ups coming through now . It's no surprise that most are , at least when it comes to the headphones, the flagship model as was available at the time. We've had 1 headfier who moved allegiance from stat to dynamic.
Several headfiers own enough top flight phones to make my kit seem penny pinching. It's made interesting reading. Keep them coming :)

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #444 of 834
^ yes! i feel like a noob with my setup, sometimes it feels endgame for me sometimes it doesnt

Jul 26, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #445 of 834
Subconsiencelsly  Sub-conciencessly  Subc.. Oh  **** it. We don't want it to end! :wink:

Jul 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #446 of 834
End game doesn't necessarily mean you need to go out and buy the most expensive crap on the market (not to mention all those fake spec bs floating around with amps). You can have a person with million dollar speaker setup that would sound good to them but crap to another listener. As I said at the start, end game is more of a personal level enjoyment from your setup rather than bragging rights and comparing johnson sizes to see who has the most expensive/quantity setup.
[/

Sure this is subjective and different people put different amounts of money in their system - its a free world. But we are talking about end game setups. To me that's when diminishing returns become steep and differences become harder to squeeze out. When one particular equipment is giving a huge edge over another then to me that point hasn't been reached yet.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #447 of 834
I agree. It's the end of a long journey. Normally that means a seriously expensive setup has been assembled that represents the best of the best. To get the best you have to pay for it and that goes for most things in life.
There will be some that have gone too far and they sell it all and go back to an ipod with ear buds. I don't suppose they stay with headfi in that scenario though.
But if you're out there we'd like to hear your story too.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #448 of 834
Quote:
I agree. It's the end of a long journey. Normally that means a seriously expensive setup has been assembled that represents the best of the best. To get the best you have to pay for it and that goes for most things in life.
There will be some that have gone too far and they sell it all and go back to an ipod with ear buds. I don't suppose they stay with headfi in that scenario though.

I hope to be that person one day.  However, it will have to be with a Sony Walkman with digital amplification and JH13pro FP and nothing less.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #449 of 834
Funny thing that I was talking to my distributor few days ago and he was telling me how one of his customers sold his $200k analogue speaker setup and went back to a sub $1k Magnepan setup and been enjoying it since. Sometimes all that extra fancy expensive gear don't justify anything once you come to your senses of how delusional you were once. Also there is no figure to define end game, it is infinite.

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #450 of 834
Quote:

It's all about where you draw that line between audiophile itch and insanity....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back