Who got headphones?
Dec 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
I posted this in portable where I tend to post more but I hope it's OK to ask here as well.
Who got headphones for Christmas and what did you get? Doesn't really count if they were a present to yourself but post anyway.
Very happy holidays to all. :)

Dec 25, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 66
Sony XBA-3
Etymotic HF5
ATH-ES700
Sennheiser Momentum
ATH-EW9

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #9 of 66
Signed up to this website looking for a pair of headphones to replace my $30-40 headphones, as a present to myself..  Started with a budget of ~$75.. 

Ended up with DT-880 Pros and a FiiO E7/E9 combo. 
dt880smile.png

Dec 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #10 of 66
What if I have a split personality, does that count?, I'm I allowed to tell you that we bought myself a nice pair of limited edition Bushmills Grados, wich, by the way, sound wonderful.

HEY!, what did I tell you about posting in my threads? what do you mean your thread, this is MY thread!, and those are MY Bushmills Grados!

Dec 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #11 of 66
B&W P7s. First headphone purchase in a few years. I've been sidetracked collecting firearms but I'm back. Also picked up a Gilmore Lite and DPS for an office rig. Had a Gilmore a few years ago and sold it to a friend. There may be better out there now but nostalgia brought me back. I'm really waiting to see what the new Oppo HA-1 Is all about.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #13 of 66
I got my first real pair of headphones and first ever amp with the money from my family/partner for christmas.

Got a pair of dt770's pro 80ohms and a Fiio e10, it's exciting to enter the world of highish end headphones. Well I had tried a pair of creative aurvanna lives, a pair of dt990s and my favorite so far the sony ma900's last year. Though due to money at the time, they all had to go back and I couldn't keep them.

I love the amp so far, though I may send back the dt770's and go a bit higher end or something different in the price range. I don't like them so far, still burning them in but the soundstage/musical separation is terrible on them. I know they are closed, but people praised them for having good soundstage and musical separation for being closed cans.

I am not expecting them to be as good as open in that department, though I expected them to be atleast better than the cals at 3 times the price.

Will give them another 3-4 days burning in and if nothing changes will see what else is great in the same category. Wish I could go open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back