1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Who got headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by krismusic, Dec 25, 2013.
2 3 4 5
Next

Last
  1. krismusic Contributor
    I posted this in portable where I tend to post more but I hope it's OK to ask here as well.
    Who got headphones for Christmas and what did you get? Doesn't really count if they were a present to yourself but post anyway.
    Very happy holidays to all. :)

2. audiobot
    Im trying to spend my xmas money on the alpha dogs but the website is down. FML.

3. Beyer T90s. I had sneak listening sessions for the past couple weeks.

I adore them.

4. TheJabberwocky
    Beyer DT770 Pro/250's and a Fiio E11 to power them. Runs like a charm. Also my first High quality headphones!

5. Jefferson
    Sennheiser Momentum. Trying to get used to the ear cups. Hope they get more comfortable/break in with time

6. Modular
    He400. I don't have them yet but they will be here Friday.

Victimized by UPS?

8. Richsvt
    Sony XBA-3
    Etymotic HF5
    ATH-ES700
    Sennheiser Momentum
    ATH-EW9

9. illyria
    Signed up to this website looking for a pair of headphones to replace my $30-40 headphones, as a present to myself..  Started with a budget of ~$75.. 

Ended up with DT-880 Pros and a FiiO E7/E9 combo. [​IMG] 

Sxooter likes this.
  10. stacker45
    What if I have a split personality, does that count?, I'm I allowed to tell you that we bought myself a nice pair of limited edition Bushmills Grados, wich, by the way, sound wonderful.

HEY!, what did I tell you about posting in my threads? what do you mean your thread, this is MY thread!, and those are MY Bushmills Grados!

11. Ubetit
    B&W P7s. First headphone purchase in a few years. I've been sidetracked collecting firearms but I'm back. Also picked up a Gilmore Lite and DPS for an office rig. Had a Gilmore a few years ago and sold it to a friend. There may be better out there now but nostalgia brought me back. I'm really waiting to see what the new Oppo HA-1 Is all about.

12. masterwu
    beyerdynamics dt880 250 Ohm and the M&M Schiit stack... really liking it alot.

13. skyforger
    I got my first real pair of headphones and first ever amp with the money from my family/partner for christmas.

Got a pair of dt770's pro 80ohms and a Fiio e10, it's exciting to enter the world of highish end headphones. Well I had tried a pair of creative aurvanna lives, a pair of dt990s and my favorite so far the sony ma900's last year. Though due to money at the time, they all had to go back and I couldn't keep them.

I love the amp so far, though I may send back the dt770's and go a bit higher end or something different in the price range. I don't like them so far, still burning them in but the soundstage/musical separation is terrible on them. I know they are closed, but people praised them for having good soundstage and musical separation for being closed cans.

I am not expecting them to be as good as open in that department, though I expected them to be atleast better than the cals at 3 times the price.

Will give them another 3-4 days burning in and if nothing changes will see what else is great in the same category. Wish I could go open.

14. bobcow120
    Got my first pair of open phones. DT880 pro along with my first amp/dac the E10.

15. kookoo
    No
    But my GF got one, RE-400 to replace her earpod

2 3 4 5
Next

Last