Who ARE you???
Mar 27, 2002 at 3:29 PM Post #91 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
So singing to someone elses songs making huge profits is art?

You're mixing two points that are separate:
1. Singing to someone elses songs is art? - To many yes
2. Making huge profits singing is art? - Some might agree with that, too.
tongue.gif
Making money is a buisness skill(marketing, management, & accounting) whether you are talking about art or anything else.

In music, some are great at writing, some are great at singing. Some both, but these are often the exception rather than the rule. Even in many bands, one or two out of the group are the true talent at writing, while others in the group are the lead singers.

Mar 27, 2002 at 4:59 PM Post #92 of 129
Professional Headphone Geek.

(He says with a mixture of pride and resignation.)

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:19 PM Post #93 of 129
Sorry, was referring to modern record label driven filler entertainment, I mean pop music.
Interpretation has to be self expression in order to be considered art. Do I consider Solti to be a music artist? Absolutely.

AR, what you're suggesting is that greatness is art. Money making is business skill, not art. That's like saying Alexander or Caesar (they're military, but were made men none the less) or more modern, Carnegie or Rockefeller were artistic geniuses.

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:42 PM Post #94 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me

AR, what you're suggesting is that greatness is art. Money making is business skill, not art. That's like saying Alexander or Caesar (they're military, but were made men none the less) or more modern, Carnegie or Rockefeller were artistic geniuses.

No, what I'm saying is that greatness doesn't mean its non-art. And that making money at it does not mean its non-art.

Also, note my
tongue.gif
in my reply. "Some might agree with that
tongue.gif
". What I am saying on that note is that some artists are better business people than others or are affiliated with better business people.

All I'm really trying to say is don't let the size of someones wallet, big or small, effect your perception of whether or not they are an artist.

Mar 27, 2002 at 6:43 PM Post #95 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by Captain Cross-feed:

Professional Headphone Geek.

(He says with a mixture of pride and resignation.)

Ahhh, many of us here are envious.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #96 of 129
I'm a Scanner Operator at a company called Hugh Symons based in Dorset, England.

We basically take peoples paper work (invoices, etc you name it we do it (within reason) and put it through a scanner which can handle 1500 - 2000 sheets of a4/a3 paper an hour (depending on the quality of the work). The scanned information then gets indexed, quality checked and then cut to cd-rom and sent out to customers.

Check out www.hughsymons.com/infoman for our website and the software that we use.

Mar 28, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #98 of 129
Quote:

Highschool freshman. Seriously addicted to computers. I can't go more than a week without internet access...

Glad this **** was not around when I was young or I would never have had a life with physical experiences,most good.Some hurt like fck

Mar 28, 2002 at 3:07 AM Post #99 of 129
I'm glad the internet is here. Without it I would have no clue as to which headphones to try and I would be without a source to get music not fed to me by the industry.

Without the internet I could be listening to Britney Spears! The horror, the horror!

Mar 28, 2002 at 4:53 AM Post #101 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG

Then again, you might become Mr. Rogers and have your own children's television show. 120 confirmed kills!

Having fully read this thread and as I have personally met Mr. Rogers, I feel I need to take a moment and point out that Mr. Rogers was not a sniper and was never in the military(sorry DanG). He is a Presbyterian minister and has been since before he began the show.

"Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood...."

Mar 28, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #102 of 129
Mr. Rogers is fantastic. He spoke at my graduation from Middlebury (we were going to have Clinton, but the trustees felt he would have been too controversial....morons). His speech was phenomenal. The man has some serious oratory skills, not just with children. He was very inspiring. That part about the black ops was captivating (just kidding). Seriously though, he was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back