Who ARE you???
Mar 29, 2002 at 2:36 PM Post #106 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by cajunchrist

Daddy?
Yes, son?
What does regret mean?
Well son, the funny thing about regret is, it's better to regret something you HAVE done, then to regret something you HAVEN'T done. Oh and by the way, if you see your mom this weekend, make sure and tell her...
[size=small]SATAN!
SATAN!
SATAN!
SATAN![/size]

Orbital "In sides"?
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Good idea, by the way. And it sounds really nice with the DT531...
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2002 at 9:22 PM Post #107 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
and let'shear it for the worker bees (other)

[size=medium]YEAH DAMMIT ![/size]

I think they call us drones in scientific circles. Just like the Borg. Living in a collective bee-like society would be great, considering that, since you can't escape your life purpose, you don't do anything else, ergo, there´s no stress. Ah, I wish I was a bee, or a Borg, that would be cool.

Mar 29, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #108 of 129
Lifetime non-conformist.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, I'm an eight-grade student a junior high in Illinois.

I enjoy playing tenor sax, reading, listening to music, and trying to make people smile.

Mar 31, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #111 of 129
Quote:

Ah, I wish I was a bee, or a Borg, that would be cool.

I actually ENJOY doing physical work,it keeps me fit and allows me to play as hard as I work.I do not lift weights or jog to stay in shape , my daily routine takes care of that.
And I am not one to punch a time card or stay put for very long so the trades suit my style to a T
And also , not having some little crap with an ego trying to bust my ass (not that it would be allowed
very_evil_smiley.gif
) is also a blessing.
I enjoy work as long as I am young enough and fit enough to keep up with the 'youngins"

Mar 31, 2002 at 3:51 AM Post #114 of 129
Philosophy professor. (Daycart--get it?; though that is the license plate on my car--GET IT??--Ok, so it is not that clever...)

Mar 31, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #115 of 129
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42

I actually ENJOY doing physical work,it keeps me fit and allows me to play as hard as I work.I do not lift weights or jog to stay in shape , my daily routine takes care of that.
And I am not one to punch a time card or stay put for very long so the trades suit my style to a T
And also , not having some little crap with an ego trying to bust my ass (not that it would be allowed
very_evil_smiley.gif
) is also a blessing.
I enjoy work as long as I am young enough and fit enough to keep up with the 'youngins"

Maybe I should get a 50 pound mouse for my pc at work. My problem is that I do not have time to work out anymore, specially since my baby was born. The only factor that keeps me from looking like a big pig (no mather what my wife says, I am not like one yet) is that I am really stressed out lately. And that burns a lot of calories. Maybe it's a good thing.

Apr 1, 2002 at 12:21 AM Post #116 of 129
yeah ,stress burns calories (I KNOW stress) but takes a toll on other areas of your health.Will actually shorten your life if you do not learn how to let **** go.
I am no expert in the calm department but I a way better than years ago and gettin' better daily.
Maybe old age,maybe a case of practice showing results,maybe the wife has worn me down
very_evil_smiley.gif

Whatever,I am a better man for it

Rick

PS-hope to get that out to you in the next couple of days
WELL PACKED
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2002 at 1:57 AM Post #117 of 129
Personnel Agency owner
former magazine publisher
former magazine ad sales rep
former photo studio owner/photographer
former pallet manufacturer
former transportation sales rep
former industrial packaging sales rep
former fine papers sales rep
former pizza store manager
former pizza delivery boy
former variety store clerk
former paper boy
former embryo

Apr 1, 2002 at 2:02 AM Post #118 of 129
Ahh, stress, something I don't know how to deal with. I just keep it all inside, and sometimes it gets so saturated I go ape ****. Does this improve over time, or a personality thing?

Apr 1, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #119 of 129
I am a Born-again Christian. Today is my Spiritural birthday. Twenty years ago on Easter Sunday, I gave my heart and life to Jesus Christ. He forgave my sins and gave me a peace I never knew.

It was funny! Deep down inside I knew there had to be more. But I really didn't think church was the answer. After all, it's only a crutch for the weak. But, I still had an emptiness I couldn't fill. With Easter approaching, my girlfriend and I decided to attend church this one time. We said we would go but not get too close, ha ha.

At the end of the message, the pastor gave an altar-call. Saying, "Jesus wants to forgive your sins, and change your life." I knew I needed that. So I went forward not even checking to see how my girlfriend felt. Half way down the aisle, I noticed she was right behind me. I always kidded her saying, "You followed me to the altar." Finally one day after we were married, she set the story straight saying, "The only reason I followed you, is because you were sitting on the aisle and I couldn't get by you!"

God bless and Happy Resurrection day, Christianbro

Apr 1, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #120 of 129
a&m,

Quote:

Ahh, stress, something I don't know how to deal with.

i find sex (or other forms of exercise) helps quite a bit
smily_headphones1.gif
also vacations, a good book, momentary distractions, a music shopping expedition, a long drive, talking with a friend, etc.
Quote:

I just keep it all inside, and sometimes it gets so saturated I go ape ****.

seriously, this is the type of thing that some people call a "red flag." but 18 is a wierd time (as is 23, and 30 and 45 as i understand it). stress is a part of all of our lives, i think as time passes you learn how to deal with it, as well as the art of walking away from stressfull situations.

good luck man.
(unless you were kidding, in which case - person!)

carlo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back