Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Feb 18, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #841 of 1,413
Feb 18, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #845 of 1,413
There''s not much rye in that search, but quite a few in the first page of this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=straight+rye

That reminds me. I have a bottle of Sazerac Rye to try. I'll keep an eye on the Whistlepig, though there are some very expensive ones out here!

Can't find any (ri)1 or Angel's Envy over here.

Wow ... 15-yr Whistlepig rye for 219 pounds. I bet that's tasty!

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #847 of 1,413
Check this out ... free shipping & 10% discount on boxes. www.coronacigar.com
Around $23 per stick. Very tasty smokes.

pappy_belicoso.jpg
:)

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #848 of 1,413
Oh man, I haven't had a stogie in years. I'm pretty sure I have 2 or 3 left in my humidor that are dried to a crisp. I could probably reconstitute them, but I've got nowhere to smoke them these days... I need to finish building my house.

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #850 of 1,413
Taiwan May on the surface be funny to scotch drinkers but China ( understand not same...) produces a top notch wine made by the henessay familly in Hunan province I believe. I have 6 bottles and will cherish them over the next decade.

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #851 of 1,413
Taiwan May on the surface be funny to scotch drinkers but China ( understand not same...) produces a top notch wine made by the henessay familly in Hunan province I believe. I have 6 bottles and will cherish them over the next decade.

That's awesome, I was curious about the wine makings I keep hearing about. One of my favorite brewers here is Chicago exports limitedly into China.

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #852 of 1,413
Its called aon yun, fyi

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #853 of 1,413
If you run into this at your local Costco, go ahead and give it a try.
Rumor has it it is likely a non-premium Macallan of some sort, and I like it better than Macallan 12 year or even Gordon Macphail Macallan 19.
*Don't drink it right away after opening. I did not like it at all this way. Open it, triy a small sip, cork it back and let it sit there for at least a couple of weeks. Add some water and enjoy.

0331191830 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Apr 24, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #854 of 1,413
If you run into this at your local Costco, go ahead and give it a try.
Rumor has it it is likely a non-premium Macallan of some sort, and I like it better than Macallan 12 year or even Gordon Macphail Macallan 19.
*Don't drink it right away after opening. I did not like it at all this way. Open it, triy a small sip, cork it back and let it sit there for at least a couple of weeks. Add some water and enjoy.

0331191830 by drjlo2, on Flickr

Costco usually snags these values at a killer price, not because they are junky, but rather good juice that doesn't fit the flavor profile of the distillery.

The low price usually comes from a distillery's desire for a quick flip and respect for anonymity. Indy bottles like G&M have been around for decades so they have built a reputation for killer quality for their independent selections.

I wouldn't be surprise if it is Macallan juice. They have been know known to sell to Kirkland/Costco pretty often. Just be aware, since it doesn't list a distillery, there could easily be multiple variations floating around. Be sure to snap a photo of the SKU and Costco price sign to be sure!

Good looking out!

May 7, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #855 of 1,413
Anyone else buy every year of Ardbeg Day releases or other special editions? I mostly buy those and have been buying Japanese whiskey ever since I first went to Tokyo in 1991 and prices were so cheap back then. Even in 2011 I believe that I could find Yamazaki 18 for $150 or so locally. The demand and prices for Japanese whiskey is out of hand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back