1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. Whazzzup
    Someone’s got to go first, before I’d try

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. j4100
    I have to say, I found that Jim Beam rye (green label) undrinkable, and I love rye whiskeys.

3. RCBinTN
    Our local shop gives us the opportunity to purchase one high-end bourbon each year around the holidays.

This year was hinted to be George T. Stagg, which I love.
    However, they changed their mind and instead offered Pappy Van Winkle 20-year.

YES!!

Cheers all,
    RCB

Wildcatsare1 and FastForward like this.
  4. Ariaudio
    My favorites are Hudson, Booker's, and Templeton (yet to try Pappy). What do you guys think about Redemption Bourbon/Rye?

5. Whazzzup
    Swill. :wink:

6. RCBinTN
    OK, the local shop has topped themselves again.
    After Annette read 'em the riot act about offering George T. Stagg via their Facebook page (which we don't use, so basically excluding us), they produced a bottle from behind the stash pile.
    So, amazingly, we will do a blind taste test between GTS and Pappy 20-yr.
    Like being in bourbon heaven :)

Wildcatsare1, FastForward and j4100 like this.
  7. tempwave
    Anyone try the port finished whisky from Dingle? It has some really great marshmallow and nutty notes to it. Price is a little steep but it's highly enjoyably.

8. LuczOr
    I've been really into Blanton's for the last year or so. Just seems like a really drinkable whiskey and a nice detour from the rye I normally drink.

9. RCBinTN
    Blanton's is very fine bourbon indeed. Its price has increased over the years, testament to the quality and high demand.

Finally got around to tasting the two uber bourbons from Christmas, to celebrate Valentines Day.
    Both are incredible in their own way ... the Pappy is 90 proof and the GTS is ~127 proof. Had to use an ice chip in the Stagg :)
    In the background is regular Buffalo Trace, decent bourbon at very reasonable price.

Uber Bourbons.jpg

10. j4100
    I have tried a handful of ryes, most recently Bulleit. Anything I should make an effort to find? (I'm in the UK)

11. LuczOr
    I'm not sure if you can find it, but one of my favorites was always (ri)1. It's getting pretty scarce even in bars and liquor stores around my part, but it's a solid rye.

[​IMG]

j4100 likes this.
  12. DamageInc77
    Whistlepig is decent.

j4100 and RCBinTN like this.
  13. LuczOr
    I just finished a bottle of Whistlepig and I support this statement.

j4100 and RCBinTN like this.
  14. RCBinTN
    j4100 likes this.
  15. j4100
    There''s not much rye in that search, but quite a few in the first page of this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=straight+rye

That reminds me. I have a bottle of Sazerac Rye to try. I'll keep an eye on the Whistlepig, though there are some very expensive ones out here!

Can't find any (ri)1 or Angel's Envy over here.

First

Back
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last