1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last
  1. RCBinTN
  2. RCBinTN
    Oh, BTW -- Four Roses is a delightful brand.

j4100 likes this.
  3. j4100
  4. j4100
    Indeed. I have one of their small batch releases.

5. RCBinTN
    Wow ... 15-yr Whistlepig rye for 219 pounds. I bet that's tasty!

6. RCBinTN
    Right - Christmas is coming :)

j4100 likes this.
  7. RCBinTN
    Check this out ... free shipping & 10% discount on boxes. www.coronacigar.com
    Around $23 per stick. Very tasty smokes.

pappy_belicoso.jpg
    :)

8. LuczOr
    Oh man, I haven't had a stogie in years. I'm pretty sure I have 2 or 3 left in my humidor that are dried to a crisp. I could probably reconstitute them, but I've got nowhere to smoke them these days... I need to finish building my house.

9. IdleHeroe
    Ohh! what a surprise to find Whiskey talk in Head-Fi. Im definitely becoming a subscriber to this thread. That being said, I've had the chance to try a "Kavalan" whiskey lately. Seems to be from taiwan and boy, its good!

10. Whazzzup
    Taiwan May on the surface be funny to scotch drinkers but China ( understand not same...) produces a top notch wine made by the henessay familly in Hunan province I believe. I have 6 bottles and will cherish them over the next decade.

IdleHeroe and RCBinTN like this.
  11. mrscotchguy
    That's awesome, I was curious about the wine makings I keep hearing about. One of my favorite brewers here is Chicago exports limitedly into China.

12. Whazzzup
    Its called aon yun, fyi

13. Jon L
    If you run into this at your local Costco, go ahead and give it a try.
    Rumor has it it is likely a non-premium Macallan of some sort, and I like it better than Macallan 12 year or even Gordon Macphail Macallan 19.
    *Don't drink it right away after opening. I did not like it at all this way. Open it, triy a small sip, cork it back and let it sit there for at least a couple of weeks. Add some water and enjoy.

[​IMG]0331191830 by drjlo2, on Flickr

IdleHeroe and j4100 like this.
  14. mrscotchguy
    Costco usually snags these values at a killer price, not because they are junky, but rather good juice that doesn't fit the flavor profile of the distillery.

The low price usually comes from a distillery's desire for a quick flip and respect for anonymity. Indy bottles like G&M have been around for decades so they have built a reputation for killer quality for their independent selections.

I wouldn't be surprise if it is Macallan juice. They have been know known to sell to Kirkland/Costco pretty often. Just be aware, since it doesn't list a distillery, there could easily be multiple variations floating around. Be sure to snap a photo of the SKU and Costco price sign to be sure!

Good looking out!

15. FangJoker
    Anyone else buy every year of Ardbeg Day releases or other special editions? I mostly buy those and have been buying Japanese whiskey ever since I first went to Tokyo in 1991 and prices were so cheap back then. Even in 2011 I believe that I could find Yamazaki 18 for $150 or so locally. The demand and prices for Japanese whiskey is out of hand!

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66
Next

Last