Which should i buy? (Please help me)
Dec 24, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #16 of 24
God its so hard to make decisions... Can anyone post a few pictures of them wearing the hd 25? I go to highschool and thats where ill be wearing whatever headphones i choose, so the looks kinda matter in this situation (but sound does still take front seat).

Dec 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #17 of 24
Both looks fine if I may say...
The M80 does looks somewhat more discreet because they're flatter on the head in comparison (by memory) but it does resemble sticking turtle shells to your head so that would raise attention as well.

Try google searching some images. Or in the thread of headphone pictures (worn).

Dec 24, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #18 of 24
If you want a pair that looks appealing then go for the M-80s they are very appealing to the eyes of alot of people. However I wouldn't buy a headphone based on looks. When I was in high school while everyone had beats me and my friend wore DT880s and K701s around. Granted I would wear Audeze lcds if I had some to school. I personally think the HD-25 II sound better and would be better to take to school.

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:
So theres like a $30 dollar price difference... Are the Sennheisers worth the extra?

I recently heard the M-80's and I don't think they are much better than the JVCs I own. Now before I get slaughtered about hating on the M-80 I still think they are good just that V-moda likes to over price somethings. 

Me personally I would say that the extra 30 dollars would be worth it for the HD-25 II.
Quote:
By the way shior you're lucky to have a audiophile freind lol...

Yea I was, he was the one that got me into headphones when he got the AKG K701's, so naturally I bought DT990 Pros. 

-Andre

PS Happy New Year

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:
I recently heard the M-80's and I don't think they are much better than the JVCs I own.

Which JVCs might that be?  Couldn't find one in your profile...

Quote:

Now before I get slaughtered about hating on the M-80 I still think they are good just that V-moda likes to over price somethings.

::whips out my prison shank made of compressed ear pads and blutac::  I got mine @ $130 recently, which isn't too bad.

Quote:
Me personally I would say that the extra 30 dollars would be worth it for the HD-25 II.

+1  Although... I'm one of those freaky people that can hear quite a difference between the HD 25-1-II-!!11!oneone and the Amperior, and I'd choose the Amperior hands down.  It just sounds much more focused to my ears.  If you don't mind refurbs, Dakmart's got Amperiors (in both silver and blue) for only $199. And since they're an authorized dealer, their refurbs carry Senn's full 2-year warranty.

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

The JVC HA-S500 Z they are JVC's newest headphones that use nanotube technology and they are only 70$.

Quote:
::whips out my prison shank made of compressed ear pads and blutac::  I got mine @ $130 recently, which isn't too bad.

For 130 I think you got a great deal, I would not mind paying 130 for them at all. Warren you are one lucky guy. :D

Also dont kill me :O

Quote:
+1  Although... I'm one of those freaky people that can hear quite a difference between the HD 25-1-II-!!11!oneone and the Amperior, and I'd choose the Amperior hands down.  It just sounds much more focused to my ears.  If you don't mind refurbs, Dakmart's got Amperiors (in both silver and blue) for only $199. And since they're an authorized dealer, their refurbs carry Senn's full 2-year warranty.

I think the Amperiors have a cleaner sound and are more comfortable. They are a step up from the HD-25 II, I didnt not know you could get them for that cheap. OP should go for it. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
Quote:

The JVC HA-S500 Z they are JVC's newest headphones that use nanotube technology and they are only 70$.

Hmm, interesting... all japanese imports for now.  What would you say that they sound like, if anything?

Quote:
Quote:

For 130 I think you got a great deal, I would not mind paying 130 for them at all. Warren you are one lucky guy. :D

Also dont kill me :O

It was a lightning deal on Amazon one morning, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.  It came out to $141 because of sales tax, but whatevs, still a good deal.  I've only put about 20 minutes on them though, as I can tell they're gonna need some amount of burn-in.  They just don't sound as open as the ones at the meet, still have that closed and congested thing going on in the mids.

Nah bro, won't kill ya, I got your back. 
smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I think the Amperiors have a cleaner sound and are more comfortable. They are a step up from the HD-25 II, I didnt not know you could get them for that cheap. OP should go for it. 

I'm actually pretty tempted myself... been wanting them ever since I heard Jude's pair at the meet.  FearSC549 had brought his HD 25-1-II-!!11!oneone that day as well, so I had an opportunity to audition them head-to-head.  Not a night and day difference, but definitely noticeable, with the victory lap going to the Amperior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back