Which setup for $600? DT880s/600ohm?
Aug 5, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
ROFL!!!

wish i could help w/ the woo vs. little dot.  (and don't forget about dark voice / la figaro)

i went straight for the WA6, and i love it.

Yeah it is hard to find info from someone who owns or has heard both a lot. I almost am forgetting about the DV just to make things easier. I wonder where exactly WA ships from and if it'd be possible to pick it up in person. I heard they are in NYC and it'd save on shipping (and I'd have to pay tax either way). I'll email them if I decide to get a WA. I am sure the WA3 would be fine, but everyone just loves the WA6... It seems like for another $120 I get a lot more amp for my money, and the ability to buy lower impedence phones in the future. 

*I will not buy the Sophia Princess, I will not buy the Sophia Princess, I will not buy the Sophia Princess...*

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 20
the wa3 should be fine. the difference with the wa6 is, you're paying for a transformer coupled amp that can drive low and high impedance cans. but, if you're only planning on having high impedance cans like the dt880/600, then the wa3 should be fine. yes, woo ships from new york. they use priority mail U.S. shipping. and the amps usually take 2 days to get anywhere in the u.s. three at most. shipping can be expensive, tho. but, the amps are very well packaged. email jack if you are looking to buy one. he is very responsive, and has been very polite in my interactions with him. cheers!

Aug 7, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #18 of 20
DT880 and HD650 are 2 very different cans.  The strength of 1 will translate to the weakness of the other.  Most people will belong like only one of the 2.

for dt880, i like it with crossroads edge amp.

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
the wa3 should be fine. the difference with the wa6 is, you're paying for a transformer coupled amp that can drive low and high impedance cans. but, if you're only planning on having high impedance cans like the dt880/600, then the wa3 should be fine. yes, woo ships from new york. they use priority mail U.S. shipping. and the amps usually take 2 days to get anywhere in the u.s. three at most. shipping can be expensive, tho. but, the amps are very well packaged. email jack if you are looking to buy one. he is very responsive, and has been very polite in my interactions with him. cheers!

I've contacted Jack. Tax is included in the price (or that was what I gleaned from his email) and pick up is not available. But if tax isn't an issue I don't mind shipping. I've basically decided there are two routes: the Little Dot mk III and the wa6. If I get a woo I might as well pay a bit more and get the best one (in that price range). But I'm just not sure I want to spend that much right now. It's a big jump from the LD to the woo ($400). I got my 880s but only have an A/V receiver and my laptop to run them out of now. I hear promise but obviously it hasn't been a totally overwhelming experience since I don't have an amp. Volume is fine but it's a bit distorted and generally just not what I was expecting. I am questioning whether I should even keep them since the return period would end before I can get an amp to me, but I am trying to tell myself it really will be a whole different animal once I get it amped. 

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #20 of 20
I think you need to get an amp before those unamped dt880s drive you to drinking.

; )

Any of the three you're eyeing will do them justice. Your receiver, however, will not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back