Which portable amp for the ULTRASONE 900 PRO ?
Mar 7, 2011 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

STAXXER

New Head-Fier
please help me to find the right portable amp for my ultrasone 900 pro , i listen from my ipod and my tablet.

I talked with RS audio and they said me that i need 5v power supply for an USB connection with the tablet pc, now i'm thinking to use it just with my ipod , i'm i bit confused, i purchased it to use anywhere with my tablet without power supply.

HELP !!!! 
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 21
I am shopping for a protable for my pro 900 too, I have narrowed to two options at eather end of the price spectrum:

A: Headstage Arrow HE : Great reviews and good combo for the 900s,slim, but expensive and long lead time

B: Fiio E11 - not relased but will be a champ at its $60 price point.

Other portable amps either seem not up to the job or too expensive. I'm pretty much leaning toward the E11

Mar 12, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #3 of 21
Another option for you is iBasso's excellent T3 or if you can stretch a bdget a bit iBasso's D4 or PB-1.

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #4 of 21
hi everyone , sorry for the delay , i got some info from Ray samuels ,iBasso,and Headroom CS's.

Here is the options :

iBasso P4  $245
The Predator $475
Total bithead $149

Honestly I'm thinking to buy the cheapest because of my wallet.

What you guys think about , anyone experienced?

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 21
I'd say the least expensive best option would be the iBasso amp.  That amp is pretty much guaranteed to drive any full-size headphone well.

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 21
I don't know what you are referring to when you say table PC.  If you are talking about Ipad, make sure you read the ipad and DAC thread in the Portable Source forum.  Becasue not every Dac/amp works with the ipad.  The predator is a good choice for the 900 and you can get it from the for sale forum around $330 to 350 range.  I just sold mine.  The other one that is good is the ibasso D12, good dac, good amp, and good price.

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 21
now i'm considering to not buy any USB DAC ,maybe i just don't need it, beacuse would be the same to use the line out of my Galaxy tab with a good portable amplifier on the same price for a better value.

I started a new thread asking about a good amp under $500. You can find it on portable amp forum. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 21
hey, staxxer,
hows the sound of the ultrasones straight out of the ipod??, im thinking of buying these headphones, but dont really wana use an amp :p...

let me knw how it goes with ur amp search!!

peacee!!

Quote:
now i'm considering to not buy any USB DAC ,maybe i just don't need it, beacuse would be the same to use the line out of my Galaxy tab with a good portable amplifier on the same price for a better value.

I started a new thread asking about a good amp under $500. You can find it on portable amp forum. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 21
Now i own the pro 900 by more than 6 months and i tried it with the ray samuels predator amp for a week and a LOD cable....i think that the pro 900 do not pair good with this amp , you can't even notice the sound differences..the volume power is the only difference noticeable...i don't like to listen at high volume and also i think that the "ipod only" setup is more open in sound than the predator.

The CS of the ultrasone company would suggest only the iqube amp .. i'm thinking to try it for a week or two...

what you guys reallt know about this iQube amp? Anyone tried it?

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #10 of 21
i dont knw much about the iqube amp tbh with u, but i have heard alot about a PA2V2 amp made by a guy called gary in canada, its fairly cheap and has great reviews..maybe u could look into this.

do u think using the pro 900's with an amp will keep me satisfied?? :p

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

heres a link to the PA2V2 amp...u can email the guy, he responds pretty quickly..

peace.

Quote:
Now i own the pro 900 by more than 6 months and i tried it with the ray samuels predator amp for a week and a LOD cable....i think that the pro 900 do not pair good with this amp , you can't even notice the sound differences..the volume power is the only difference noticeable...i don't like to listen at high volume and also i think that the "ipod only" setup is more open in sound than the predator.

The CS of the ultrasone company would suggest only the iqube amp .. i'm thinking to try it for a week or two...

what you guys reallt know about this iQube amp? Anyone tried it?

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #11 of 21
my friend , trust me , if you does have some money to spend for a portable amplifier just spend it for one of the last versions f the iQube amp...and a good LOD cable ,the company suggest this....that's doesn't mean it would be the best but i think it would pair perfectly with the pro 900 as well as I asked to the Ultrasone customer service.

ultrasone are sensitive , why risk to damage headphones just to save some money on a cheap homemade amp? save your money by now and as soon as you can buy or even better just try the iQube before to buy it!

At least i think that with this headphones is better to have no amp than having the wrong useless amp that works great with other headphones.

Dec 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #12 of 21
thats very true!!, how does it sound with no amp...i will have no money after buying the pro 900's!!! :frowning2: lolz

Quote:
my friend , trust me , if you does have some money to spend for a portable amplifier just spend it for one of the last versions f the iQube amp...and a good LOD cable ,the company suggest this....that's doesn't mean it would be the best but i think it would pair perfectly with the pro 900 as well as I asked to the Ultrasone customer service.

ultrasone are sensitive , why risk to damage headphones just to save some money on a cheap homemade amp? save your money by now and as soon as you can buy or even better just try the iQube before to buy it!

At least i think that with this headphones is better to have no amp than having the wrong useless amp that works great with other headphones.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #13 of 21
send me a private  message and i'll give you some tips to buy the pro 900 for less , or just consider to sell to you the new one that i have...i'll give you my email address for a fast conversation on msn messenger or skype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back