Which portable amp for Fischer DBA-02 other than Mystify?
Nov 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

josesol07

100+ Head-Fier
I want to get the most out of my beloved Fischer DBA-02 feed by Rockboxed 5.5 gen Ipod, but unfortunately the Mystify amp is out of my reach right now (and lack of availability as I have read).
I have read nice things about Ibasso amps but have no idea which model would be the best for DBAs.
So, if I could get an amp for around $200 which would enhance DBA's soundstage and clarity I would be in audio bliss!!!
Almost forgot, any recommendation on LOD cable to go along will be greatly appreciated
best regards
Jose

Nov 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #2 of 9
D4, Toucan, D12 with iBasso pure Copper LOD....

Nov 29, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 9

[size=medium]
I am a big fan of the CMOYBB v2.02 on ebay. $69 shipped CONUS, bass boost feature, excellent piece for the money. Check out the ebay seller's page, which is very detailed. Have owned other amps, but none delivered the price to performance ratio of the CMOYbb, IMHO.
[/size]

Nov 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 9
It uses 9V battery, so you can use a rechargeable 9V, but no, you can't recharge it via usb. Also, you can run it via power supply (no battery needed). This is from the ebay description.

DC Auxiliary Power Input Jack
Any linear-regulated 9-24V DC power adapter with a 2.5mm submini jack can be used to power the cMoyBB amplifier. Plugging in a DC power supply automatically and safely disconnects the 9V battery (it is not a charging circuit).

I do not not sell or include AC/DC adapters. However, each amplifier shipment includes documentation to purchase a DC adapter for as little as $10 in North America.

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #9 of 9
I like my Arrow w/ the DBAs.  If you can afford the iBasso P4 warbler and want ot play w/ rolling opamps check it out.  It looks quite solid and powerful enough to drive some serious headphones if you wanted to.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back