Which headphones for movies?
Sep 16, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
wish i had money for the hd650's.

I prefer my DT990's
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 23
German Maestro GMP 435s 32 Ohm. The most comfortable headphones I know. Deep and clear bass, great detail and clean treble. For movies I prefer them to my other headphones. Got them from Head-Fi for half the retail price.

Sep 17, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 23
Watching the Matrix yesterday on my HD-600 was quite an experience. I tried two pairs of closed headphones and it was just not the same. Sometimes you hear tiny details that you'd never pick up with some large speakers. The only problem with them is of course you need a good receiver or amp.

I think it's very important to have a decent amount of bass on them too, unless of course all you watch is drama. Sometimes it's fun to watch a popcorn flick with a good part of headphones and hear all the explosions.

I'd imagine that the DT-990 would also be perfect for movies too.

Sep 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #21 of 23
I'll just go ahead and try the 555. Most of the other phones recomended is at least twice the price here in Norway. It will at least give me a reference for these kind of phones. And maybe I'll love them! Got the soundcard today, and it was a utter disapointment in surround. Hopefully it will give my moneys worth on the 555 in stereo at least.

Sep 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #22 of 23
do you want to buy my pair of hd-555?  they are already soundstage modded and have a dual entry cable.  over 4 months time they will sound awesome.  ill give you a good deal on them for 110 shipped.  you can know that your getting a good pair because i am constantly on this forum.  i created very detailed how-to's for the mods as well here.  if your interested send me a PM.  i just bought them brand new and used them for like 3 days out of the 2 weeks i had them.  only reason i am selling is i just got a ad700 for gaming and dont need 2 sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back