Which headphones are indestructible, good sounding and cost less than 100$?
Jun 30, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Thank you for your advice and I am truly sorry for the paradoxical replies but I am finding out more about different headphones at the same time. I mentioned that "I looked in to the MDR-V6 earlier but according to most reviews it is lacking somewhat of a bass". I have no experience myself with the V6. I changed my mind with regards to the amount of bass. My DBI's did not have a lot of bass either and I loved their sound. I have listened to the Philips headphones you mentioned but I did not like them that much. This is over half a year ago though. Granted, they are damn near indestructible. But if you see my headphone record, I tend to break my headphones rather quick, especially the cords. The Jaycar/HM5 do have one LARGE advantage for me and that is that I could swap cords rather easily if a cord breaks. That is why I ordered a pair of Jaycars. If they suck, I will only have spend 40euros and I could buy another pair of headphones. 

Well, I think it's a great choice for anybody. But like I said, you sort of made it sound like bass was important either way and the Jaycar are most certainly not a bass headphone by any means. But they are personally one of my favorites out there and I hope you enjoy.

Jun 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #17 of 19
I personally really like my MDR-V6's. I think they have enough bass. Koss build quality isn't horrible either, some of their products are made of aluminum, and the fact my Porta pros have been badly abused and haven't broke. 

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
I personally really like my MDR-V6's. I think they have enough bass. Koss build quality isn't horrible either, some of their products are made of aluminum, and the fact my Porta pros have been badly abused and haven't broke. 

Thanks for the information. Because as far as I read about sub $100 Koss headphones, they seemed somewhat fragile. Glad to hear that that isn't the case.

Quote:
Well, I think it's a great choice for anybody. But like I said, you sort of made it sound like bass was important either way and the Jaycar are most certainly not a bass headphone by any means. But they are personally one of my favorites out there and I hope you enjoy.

That is good to know, thanks! At least I cannot say I wasn't warned :)

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #19 of 19
I just skimmed this, but I didn't see the Shure srh440 mentioned anywhere. I bought mine for the same reason as you did- they're indestructible. First off they're built like a tank. Secondly the come with a coiled cable (more durable to tangles and kinks). Third, the cable is replaceable. I've had mine for two years and am on my third cable (no fault of the cans I'm just not very gentle). Honestly I think you'd be very hard pressed to find more durable headphones under $100. Only problems are they're lacking bass and only have a 2 year warranty, I believe. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back