Which Headphones are better?
May 22, 2011 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Bourque

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am looking for drumming headphones but as well as to listen to music/movies.
(Basically, good isolation and sound)

Which headphones should I get? If I get the Dr.Dre Studios then I will get them refurbished so it'll be cheaper.

Headphones 1:)

Beats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DD55OE/sr=1-1/qid=1306110973/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1306110973&sr=1-1&seller=
[I Like the Style, and how there are many excellent reviews!] PS: DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE dB FOR THESE?

Headphones 2:)

Beyerdynamic DT 770 M Monitoring Headphones for Drummers

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-Monitoring-Headphones-Drummers/dp/B000F4KWQI
[I like how the isolation is good, and meant for drumming. ALTHOUGH SOME REVIEWS ON OTHER WEBSITES SAY THE ISOLATION ISN'T GOOD AT ALL! :/]

Beyerdynamic DT 770-PRO Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-DT770-PRO-250-ohm/dp/B0006NL5SM
[I Like the Reviews, and how they are good all based headphones.]

WHICH HEADPHONES SHOULD I CHOOSE? OR SUGGEST ME OTHERS! I WANT A 150$-225$ PRICE RANGE! THANKS!

May 22, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 25
DT770M are kind of poopy, but the only thing on the list that actually isolates YOU from outside sound (blocks sound from the outside coming in), so I voted for them. Without that criteria I would have voted for the DT770-PRO.

May 23, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #5 of 25

Quote:
DT770M are kind of poopy, but the only thing on the list that actually isolates YOU from outside sound (blocks sound from the outside coming in), so I voted for them. Without that criteria I would have voted for the DT770-PRO.

yes, the M's do isolate well, but sound is crap

I use DT770/80 with drumming, I can definitely recommend them for that usage

May 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 25
Does anybody know any other alternative headphones. I want good isolation and quality, for around same price range. I greatly appreciate it, as I need to know by tonight

May 23, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 25
Do you need it for acoustical drumming or electrical drumming?

If acoustical, maybe Sennheiser HD-25's are a bit more isolating (but I don't know that for sure, didn't directly compare that).
If it's for with an e-kit, nothing in that price range will beat DT770/80 pro. That will produce your bass kick and tom sound like you never heard it before. It's a very big difference with cheap headphones; your kits will sound way better.

May 23, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #8 of 25
X2 ^
Definitely the DT770's are the drummer's headphone (i'm not a drummer, but i've seen people using them) 

May 23, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #9 of 25
Acoustic Drumming! I never ever use Electrical drumming. Also, is it awful to listen to music with them? Like what would you rate the Audio? Because I will be listening to music a lot, so should I get the Pro instead of the M?
Quote:
Do you need it for acoustical drumming or electrical drumming?

If acoustical, maybe Sennheiser HD-25's are a bit more isolating (but I don't know that for sure, didn't directly compare that).
If it's for with an e-kit, nothing in that price range will beat DT770/80 pro. That will produce your bass kick and tom sound like you never heard it before. It's a very big difference with cheap headphones; your kits will sound way better.

May 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #11 of 25
My vote is for the HD-25 as well. They are absolutely amazing for music, and they clamp/isolate very well. And considering their size, arguably the best portable headphone ever made.

May 24, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #15 of 25
So what did you get?

DT770 pro  over M, definitely, because music is done way better by the pro version.

Since it's for acoustical drumming, maybe HD-25 would be a good choice too, great allrounder with VERY good isolation.

Still think both are good choices, as long as you don't go for the M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back