which headphone gave you your first EARGASM
Feb 9, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #198 of 411
Glad to see you're enjoying them, the first is always the sweetest
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #200 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by boss
Can't say I've experienced one yet. What's it feel like?

It's hard to describe, mine was in 1976 so it was a while ago. It's like hearing an old song in a way that's almost overwhelmingly great. Your brain does a bouble-take and you can't stop grinning about the experience as you never knew things could sound so damn good. Afterwards you can't stop thinking about how it made you feel and you have a mad craving to get it back again.

Then you embark on a lifetime of buying things that cost too much and can't possibly ever be justified in any sense other than 'I WANT IT'
icon10.gif

Oh, btw, welcome and sorry about your wallet in the weeks to come
tongue.gif
hehe

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #201 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by boss
Can't say I've experienced one yet. What's it feel like?

Its where you put on your comfy headphones, and start playing music and just close your eyes.......... sit back and relax and start listening.

Then all of a sudden, you hear music that you didn't think was possible! You can't help but smile, and then the classic tell tale sign for me, is when my whole body gets those goosebumps/shivers for a few seconds. You know you've hit gold when you get multiple shivers/goosebumps in a short period of time.

Feb 9, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #202 of 411
Make sure you listen to one of your favorite songs that will do the headphone justice when listening to your first set. You will learn new appreciation for the song. I've also noticed myself listening to things I used to hate now. Good sound quality is really a primary requirement for some music.

Feb 9, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #203 of 411
I think my first major eargasm was with SR60s listening to the US version of "Stop Whispering" on Itch by Radiohead. That was it, that was totally the sound I wanted. The DT880s didn't do it quite that way, even though they were technically superior.

Interstingly, I've had more eargasms with my HD650s in the first week than I've had with any other headphone I have owned. I think it's due to my preferences in midrange bloom. Many of my favorite songs have the most amazing blooms in them, and the 650 pushes them perfectly and smoothly to my ears.

EDIT: Just had one in Comfortably Numb from The Wall. It's definitely something to do with the things happening in the midrange.

Feb 9, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #204 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by benton
My HD555's gave me my first ever one today because I just recieved them.

congrats , hd555 are very nice allround cans for the money

Feb 9, 2006 at 11:56 AM Post #205 of 411
ATH-A900s! This phone was my first step into the world of AT! I love them so much..they rarely leave my head
smily_headphones1.gif
I even go to sleep with them on! So comfortable on, it's like they have become an exrta limb on my body....
tongue.gif

Now, I'm waiting on and so excited to get the LTDs
icon10.gif

HeavyBassMan

Feb 10, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #207 of 411
1976, late summer, Stax SR-5 headspeakers, listening to Dark Side of the Moon at my friend Tony's house. The headphones I think were powered by a SDR-6 energizer, driven by an Advent reciever from Linn turntable (can't remember what the cartidge or tonearm was).

Feb 20, 2006 at 8:50 AM Post #210 of 411
I would have to say the Koss PortaPros I got when I was in either late middle school or early high school. I thought they were kind of goofy and retro looking but still cool...especially because they folded up real small so I could fit it in my backpack easily. But damn...those things gave the best sound I had ever experienced at that point from my walkman and discman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back