which earphone is significantly improve over UE TripleFi 10?
May 26, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #61 of 74
The JH5 customs are $340 this weekend from JH Audio w/  coupon code "saucy". That's supposed to be quite an improvement over the triple.fi10...though I personally haven't heard them. Tempting though. But yeah, that's right at 2x the price! 

May 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #63 of 74
^^^ Do it imackler I think I am 
biggrin.gif

May 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #64 of 74
The JH5 looks like a decent upgrade at that price point.  Also I didnt read the thread but the TS842 Custom would make a nice upgrade to the TF10.

May 27, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #65 of 74
I've got both the jh5 and the tf10,

I love my jh5s, and I would say that they are different than vertically upgraded. The biggest difference is fit, you really can't beat custom. Sound is different. I like my jh5s better, but that's my opinion. If its in your price range I'd suggest that.

Yeesh $340 Is a steal! Pops might be getting an early birthday present!

May 27, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #66 of 74
how are the highs on the JH5 compared to the TF10? How big of a jump would you say it is overall?
My bad for thread jacking
EDIT: Screw it just ordered 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I've got both the jh5 and the tf10,
I love my jh5s, and I would say that they are different than vertically upgraded. The biggest difference is fit, you really can't beat custom. Sound is different. I like my jh5s better, but that's my opinion. If its in your price range I'd suggest that.
Yeesh $340 Is a steal! Pops might be getting an early birthday present!

May 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #67 of 74
I'm sorry for discouraging you from getting the SE535s because I said there was a lack of bass. Some people would like to disagree with me on that front (which we have seen on the thread), but even as someone who swore by my SE535s, I always found the bass very weak. It was neither punchy nor boomy nor anything, really. "Controlled" is kind of like a euphemism for the fact that it's really just not forceful or impactful in the least. As for subbass, extension or any type of rumble, the 535s don't offer in that department either. Maybe on some recordings the bass is more pronounced, but overall, I just think it's lacking.

I love(d) my SE535s and I have always tried to defend it. I had hundreds of hours of listening time on my SE530s and then made the SE535s my main listen... But if there's anything I really have to concede, it's that the bass is lacking. I'm not even a basshead by any means; I just really think the bass is lacking. There's just no impact to it in any form (which makes me really sad because I love them a lot otherwise). My view isn't uncommon either; I think the majority of people think it lacks in the bass department :frowning2:.

P.S.: DIFFERENT TIPS:
The bass was the strongest when using the Shure olives, but I found it became kind of boomy and the overall resolution of the sound was lost. The SE535s simply sound the best when using the yellow foamies, but the yellow foamies leave a lot of bass out of the equation. I've also tried silicone triple-flanges and no good bass there. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #69 of 74
I have been using my reshelled tr10 for a little over a year. And I didn't think there will be another IEM that will be significantly better than it.  I use LCD2 rev 2 for my headphones.  But since receiving my Heir Audio 8.A,  my opinion has changed.  There is absolutely no comparison the 8.A is better in every way.

Jul 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #72 of 74
If you like the TF10, you can always consider the W3.  I have both, and is selling the TF10 because the sound signature is too similar, but the W3 sounds better (with Shure black olives and comply tips).

Never tried the W4, but if W4 > W3, then by logic of extension, W4 > TF10.

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #73 of 74
It its not to late to throw my 2 cents in, I just got a pair of the Sennheiser IE8i's and think they are way better than the 10's which I also have. Its not even close to my ears. I also recently tried the Bowers & Wilkins C5's but sent them back. I got the IE8i because I wanted to be able to answer calls through my iphone. If there are better than these for the money I would love to know.

Steve

Aug 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #74 of 74
Quote:
The JH5 looks like a decent upgrade at that price point.  Also I didnt read the thread but the TS842 Custom would make a nice upgrade to the TF10.

Having both at the same time, the JH5 is surely better.  It represents the entire frequency equally but has a MUCH betteroverall cohesiveness.  TF10 bass might extend a pinch deeper but JH5 is better in every other criteria.  Not saying TF10 has more bass....just that it extends deeper.  JH5 is still probably the fuller sounding IEM with much more mid-bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back