which earphone is significantly improve over UE TripleFi 10?
May 25, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #46 of 74
I listen mostly EDM so I need a earphone with pretty good bass. I was actually planning to get SE535s but then you said they have weak bass now I'll have to find something else. lol
Quote:
If you want a bright sound signature with insane clarity, I would recommend the UM3X. They are a little cold sounding, though. They have remarkable bass (it's very kicky). The IEM is also very sparkly, but a tad analytical. When you listen, you appreciate sonic quality instead of feeling like you want to dance. The separation is simply unparalleled. They are magical for electronic music because of the sharpness.

For a dark sound signature, I would recommend the SM3s. It's an all around great performer with good mids and lows and exceptional soundstaging. The bass isn't very tight, but is commendable. Its major weakness is highs. Treble is not sparkly or super clear, and so the image isn't as sharp across the entire spectrum. It's definitely more fun than the UM3Xs and simply different. It has a very solid and thick sound. I would describe the SM3s very good generalists, but a master of none (which, actually, is a good thing in most cases concerning headphones). They're pretty good at playing most types of music, but not for things with really intricate and delicate sounds. I would imagine they are pretty good for rock, for example, but I have absolutely 0 rock songs, so I wouldn't be able to attest.

If you really like female vocals, very vocal centric music and upper mids, then the SE535s are really the masters there. It's honestly their specialty and vocals that inhabit the upper mid region are simply stellar. They are so remarkably clear and incredibly intimate; it's like they're singing in your ear. 535s are bass anemic and really focus on upper mids and try to push treble. As a result, lows are kind of lacking, but lows aren't too important for some genres of music. The overall clarity is greater than the SM3s though. For example, Hayley Westenra sounds magnificent on the SE535s, and the clarity and closeness of her voice is just unbelievable.

May 25, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #50 of 74
I love my triple.fi. It's the main reason I'm still stuck with iphone, since 3gs, 4 and now 4S. Triple.fi coming out of iphone is awesome! It doesn't make me miss my home rig if I'm away. I thought it couldn't do any better until I bought fostex hp p1. Dude it can really sing!

Keep your triple.fi and find a better source.

May 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #52 of 74
Quote:
in term of quantity bass, yes UE perform better then SE535, so in term of upgrade, which spectrum you concern the most?
you prefer much more deeper bass, extension treble, forward mid experience?

It's for EDM 
try these songs and let me know lol

easy on bass...

these tracks need a lot of bass...

Quote:
Not quite a year.  About 6 months though.

doesn't matter I'm still looking for one :)

May 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #53 of 74
Quote:
In my own experience, UM3X is better than TF10 by a good margin in terms of SQ and it is no contest in terms of comfort/fit.  I am sure others have universals that they feel are better than the TF10. It really depends on what the listener is going for.  

definitely agree with this, especially the comfort part :p

May 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #55 of 74
I do have Fiio E17. It does sound a lot better with amp especially with iPhone or iPod.
Quote:
with your requirement, i will recommend keep your triple fi. 10, and upgrade your music quality through amplifier or cable.
The music genre you listened mostly, UE will outperform others in term of speed, impact, bass and enjoyment from my humble opinion.

May 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #56 of 74
Chris Himself Silver Ray Cable

May 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #57 of 74
Love the triple.fi 10. One way to improve them would be changing the cable or going for custom IEMs. 

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
May 26, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #60 of 74
it's tough to beat the TF10 considering they are $175 and anything else most people recommend are like 2x more and probably not even close to 2x better, if at all. it all depends on what kind of sound signature you like. i never liked the shure SS, little soundstage, too forward mids. i like detail in my highs but i prefer a warmer sound and a larger soundstage vs a more analytical sound also. TF10's nail all these attributes for me.  for my variety of electronic, rock, alternative, pop, trip hop and classical the TF10's are perfect for my musical tastes. 

i had the upgrade itch even though i have been immensely happy with my tf10's, my main gripe was the cable for it's terrible ergonomics. the post 2010 custom UE cable has solved that. i guess i am lucky as far as comfort, with the flip mod they fit me perfectly and are extremely comfortable and fast to put in and out.unfortunately it seems that the TF10 design is more reliant on ear shape than other better designed IEM's like the westones. but if it fits it fits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back