Which country makes the best headphones?
Jan 3, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #47 of 79
Based upon Stax and the Sony SA5000, I'd say Japan.

Jan 3, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #48 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of your stuff is made in China because that's the stuff sold outside of Japan. Many Japanese companies have the habit of producing things in China for everywhere else and having a seperate stock that's made in Japan to sell to the Japanese. These are more expensive than the Chinese ones but people are willing to pay. I for one am willing to pay more for it to say "Made in Japan" so I'll know the quality is high. ATs are for the most part are sold in Japan and it's immediate surroundings, so I think they'll last quite a while making things in Japan. The problem is when you start selling things in masses worldwide.

I doubt that every single part in a device is made in Japan, even if it's assembled in Japan. So "made in" seems a little bit of an oxymoron when it's stamped on a gadget. My Music Hall was "made in China", but it has a Sony DSD converter and a Sony transport. Who knows where that was made: probably some parts were made in Japan, some were made in Tiawan, some where made in Korea. It seems like now more then ever, many electronics use components made by other companies. Sony laptops will use Toshiba DVD drives....a Panasonic DVD player might use a Yamaha transport. I know Sony and Samsung are partnering to make a large LCD plant in Korea. Assuming there's enough competition for quality control, I don't see how it would be a problem to be global and have different contries making parts.

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #49 of 79
The best headphones come from Austria...the same place my Governator is from. Say it with me, Kal-lee-for-nia!

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 79
A tie between Japan and Europe. Both make/made the most amazing headphone systems ever produced.

USA is last :/ (but just this time)

Jan 3, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #52 of 79
Japan (Stax, Sony, Audio-technica)
Germany (Sennheiser)

Jan 3, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #53 of 79
Kazakhstan makes the best headphones in the world.
All the other countries make headphones for little girls.

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:00 AM Post #55 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A tie between Japan and Europe. Both make/made the most amazing headphone systems ever produced.

USA is last :/ (but just this time)

FYI, Europe isn't a country, but a group of countries. I think it is unfair to group them all together...especially when they make such varying products. I have been bored with every Senn I have ever listened to, but love AKG's. I might have to try some Germans next (sniff sniff, do you smell a DT770?).

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #57 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by virility /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just interested in knowing which country you think makes the best headphones.

America: Shure, Etymotic, Grado, Koss etc
Europe: AKG, beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Philips etc
Japan: Audio-technica, Stax, Sony etc

Both America and Europe make good headphones although I'd say Europe wins in the end, I love my 595's. I don't have much experience with Japanese phones, though.

This has to be some kind of record. Your first post was 2 1/2 years after you registered
confused.gif
What took you so long?? Does your wallet already suffer or is that soon to follow muwahahahah
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #58 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunuggs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has to be some kind of record. Your first post was 2 1/2 years after you registered
confused.gif
What took you so long?? Does your wallet already suffer or is that soon to follow muwahahahah
evil_smiley.gif

That is pretty funny, huh. Anyway, I used to read these forums a couple of years ago, I signed up but never posted. The other day I was thinking about buying new cans so I decided to check and see if head-fi was still around, and it is! So I decided to make my first post! And yes my wallet already suffer...
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back