Which country makes the best headphones?
Jan 2, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of which, where's Duggeh been lately? I haven't noticed any crazy creations in a while.

That's a point ... Duggeh's place seems to come out with some crazy looking headphones
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #32 of 79
Quote:

Speaking of which, where's Duggeh been lately? I haven't noticed any crazy creations in a while.

Last5 I heard, Duggeh had given up drinking, married his long-time sweetheart, had 3 lovely children and is now a responsible member of the corporate workforce striving for a better tomorrow...

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #34 of 79
Is he working for Bose?
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last5 I heard, Duggeh had given up drinking, married his long-time sweetheart, had 3 lovely children and is now a responsible member of the corporate workforce striving for a better tomorrow...

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #36 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt AT will be moving there manufaturing overseas anytime soon, Japanese like things that are made in Japan. I think the only stuff they have made overseas is the low-end stuff.

Well my expensive Pany plasma was made in China....this expensive HP that I'm typing on was made in China. All my Sony CD players from the past 6 years have been made in China. My really expensive Music Hall was made in China. So many manufacturers are moving to China for the cost of labor: American, European, and Asian companies. I don't have a beef with that: China is now what Japan used to be....a developing country that is centered on manufacturing. Japanese companies have been outsourcing their manufacturing plants for years. Toyota manufactures some of their cars here for the tax reasons, Sony moved their manufacturing to Taiwan, Malasia, and now China because of costs. Also since the population of Japan is shrinking, there might be a time where AT can't find enough workers in Japan
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:39 AM Post #37 of 79
Quote:

Ive been back home, down to england, and busy over the festive new year period. Got back yesterday.

And yeah, I came into this thread to post Switzerland. Japan comes a close second.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish that it were true. My life needs that kind of kick up the jacksie. Best go find myself that sweetheart.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #38 of 79
i love good ol' fashion american engineering. i love my grados and i love having to go to soome dude's house to get them and do a full listening test. i just upgraded to SR80s and i got to demo RS-1's with the RA-10, and boy, i'm looking forward to that.

however, i'm really looking forward to getting some german engeering in da hous, mozart's a waitin'.
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #39 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my expensive Pany plasma was made in China....this expensive HP that I'm typing on was made in China. All my Sony CD players from the past 6 years have been made in China. My really expensive Music Hall was made in China. So many manufacturers are moving to China for the cost of labor: American, European, and Asian companies. I don't have a beef with that: China is now what Japan used to be....a developing country that is centered on manufacturing. Japanese companies have been outsourcing their manufacturing plants for years. Toyota manufactures some of their cars here for the tax reasons, Sony moved their manufacturing to Taiwan, Malasia, and now China because of costs. Also since the population of Japan is shrinking, there might be a time where AT can't find enough workers in Japan
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

A lot of your stuff is made in China because that's the stuff sold outside of Japan. Many Japanese companies have the habit of producing things in China for everywhere else and having a seperate stock that's made in Japan to sell to the Japanese. These are more expensive than the Chinese ones but people are willing to pay. I for one am willing to pay more for it to say "Made in Japan" so I'll know the quality is high. ATs are for the most part are sold in Japan and it's immediate surroundings, so I think they'll last quite a while making things in Japan. The problem is when you start selling things in masses worldwide.

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #41 of 79
  • U.S. (Grado love)
  • Germany (Really liking my new HD280Pro's, made in Ireland though)
  • Japan (My first mid/hi-fi headphone experience was with my Dad's Signets, which were made by AT in Japan)

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #42 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Germany
2. Austria
3. Bavaria

icon10.gif

my choice:

1. European Union (AKG, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Ultrasone)
2. Japan (AT Woodies)
3. USA (Grado; if only QC would be better, overpriced
frown.gif
)

icon10.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #43 of 79
all my sources are made in china - zhaolu/dac-ah
my amps it's a 50/50 split between germany/china - head5/MC66-AE
all my headphones are from europe - HD580/K701/DT880
my interconnects are all BJCs so USA!

i guess i'm fairly multicultural

Users who are viewing this thread