Which Brand To Go?? IEMs w/ mic+remote + BASSSS Under $300 WANTED! Monster? Shure? Westone? HELP NEEDED!
Nov 17, 2010 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JoK3r

New Head-Fier
I had a Bose IEM before (quite good bass they got there) and is broken. Now I wanted a new and much better IEM.

I have done lotss of research on IEM field this week and AM STILL CONFUSED..!!!

HELPPPP!!!

Which brand to go for IEM w/ mic and remote + LOTSS OF BASS for under and around $300???

My choices so far..

1. Monster - Turbine Pro Gold w/ ControlTalk
        - LOADs of bass I reckon. I almost bought this, when suddenly I saw an issue of the ControlTalk functions with Apple product. I hesitated now.

2. Shure - SE425 + additional Mic+Remote
        - I was confident with Shure too, when I heard its predecessor, the SE420, is quite over-rated.

3. Westone - Westone 2, Westone UM3X
        - Not sure about this. Heard some good reviews about it but then again, haven't really researched on Westone.

4. Klipsch - X10i
        - Said to be over-priced for quality over money.

5. Fischer Audio - DBA02
        - Damn good reviews out there. But, not so much on bass quality???

Which ones to go guysss??? I need your opinionn and experience in choosinggg..

I need IEMs with GOODD BASS and stylish design!!

Thanks for reading and please respond!!

Nov 18, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 8
I actually think if you want a lot of good, thumping bass, you are best to go with a dynamic driver IEM rather than a balanced armature.

That rules out everything on your list except the Monster Turbines.

I believe Radius will also make some nice bassy models, though I haven't heard the ones they have with iPhone controls.

You could also try the Triple.Fi 10vi, which I have heard gets pretty low down, though it isn't a dynamic.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 8
Westones are great but don't have any mic options that I know of.

I had triple.fi vi (with mic) and loved the sound. But the ergonomics and build quality left a lot to be desired.

I'm using the Golds with control talk now-love them. Full lush sound, plenty of bass, and complete iPhone remote which functions perfectly.

Good luck!

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
A_recording,
you do not think A1 has enough bass?

The OP is looking for options with mic/ remote yello hehe.

I'd say if the OP was unsure he should just see how many users are affected by the issue, or contact Monter to see if they have revised models and where they can buy them.

Nov 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanksss muchhh for the replies and inputt guyss..

Really appreciate it..

So then what's the difference between Triple.fi vi and Pro Gold? any distinctive set of difference? Which one's better?

Balanced Armatures always had better sound than Dynamic ones, don't they? or not?

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 8
I recently purchased the SHURE 425; a poor choice. Poor quality and worse sound, unless you like tinny treble. Very poor base. Save your money or go in a different direction.

Nov 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 8
ive got senheiser ie8's which have a lot of bass, but tends to make the lower mids a bit recessed, i also have some triple.fi which are quite bassey and punchy but the mids sound nice. ie8=quanity triple.fi's=quality. tend to use the triple.fi's a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back