Which Beyerdynamic DT-770?
Apr 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

joker97

100+ Head-Fier
I am after a closed can with sound signature as close to HD650 or Fidelio X1 as possible, under $300.

After months of looking the only thing I can come up with is Beyerdynamic, which is quite bright, I think I can stand it as I have owned the DT-990 250Ohm before and after burn in (not sure the drivers or my ear getting burnt) I can tolerate the sibilance.

So which DT770 is least sibilant and most bassy?
(Or any other suggestion welcome)

Thanks

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 6
I hope the DT 770 250 ohm is cause I just ordered a pair from Amazon. I tried the DT 440 Premium a few months ago.  It was awful. Maybe I just got a bad pair but I returned them the next day.  I was really disappointed with the SQ.

I'm hoping the DT 770 is more balanced and bassy than the DT 440. The DT 770s I ordered will be here tomorrow.  I'll let you know.

Apr 17, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #4 of 6
Okay, my DT 770s came in the mail today.  Very, Very Impressed.  These cans are keepers !!!

Bass response is the best of all the headphones in my collection (see my signature).  Yes, even better than the HD 600s. The bass from the DT 770s are shaking my head, while still maintaining very good clarity and tightness.  Very impressive.

They are brand new.  Only got about 2 hours on them but at the moment, I am very happy with my decision........Highs are pleasant too. Not too bright for my taste.  At the moment, everything sounds just right.  Gonna let them burn in some and I'll report back.

Oh, BTW, the DT 770s feel VERY solid.  Very well built.  I'm very impressed with the build quality as well. Not really feeling the silver ear cushions, however.  They're comfortable but silver?  Really?  What is wrong with black?  Maybe the silver color will grow on me.............

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #6 of 6
  don't worry the silver will become black soon :D

the beyerdynamics have quite recessed mids though ... I'm leaning towards senn momentum I think

I think Sennheiser Momentum is the safe way to go. You could also consider Focal Spirit Classic and Nad Viso HP50.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back