Where to get Triple.Fi 10 Reshelled?
Nov 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

boxthorn

Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I have come to the realization that I really like the triple.fi 10's for most of the music that I listen to. It's not great for Jazz or Classical but I have the AKG K701's for that. Otherwise, I am perfectly happy with the sound and I hope that my chasing of the dragon has finally come to an end.

However, these are the worst goddam phones in terms of comfort. So I am looking into custom shelling them.

Does anyone know of a reputable resheller that has experience in reshelling the TF10 at a reasonable price?

My concern is that they may not have any experience in reshelling triple driver iem and significantly alter the sound.

Thank you very much.

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 14
Inearz - it's probably the most widely reshelled universal and they have done plenty including mine a while back.  Good price, workmanship, fairly speedy, located within CONUS, and have good custom service.  

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 14
  Inearz - it's probably the most widely reshelled universal and they have done plenty including mine a while back.  Good price, workmanship, fairly speedy, located within CONUS, and have good custom service.  

Thanks for the speedy reply. How did you get the mold of your ear and how much did it cost in total?

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 14
You need to search for local audiologist or wait for another member to respond or PM you that lives near you.  Price is all over the map ($25-200). Another cheaper option is get an impressions kit ($15-20) and do it yourself.  It's easy and if it's your first time, get a 5 kit mold kit as mistakes are high and hopefully learned after the first iteration. 

If you plan on eating and/or chewing gum while wearing them, go for a deeper or musician's fit and use the bite block.  Good luck.

Nov 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 14
My vote is for Inearz too. Fast, reliable and excellent work. You have to find a local audiologist to get your ear impressions in high density silicone and mail them together with the tf10. The sound changes for sure, changing the enclosure does affect the sound but not in a bad way.

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 14
Inearz, definately. I've had my tf10 reshelled and it's been going strong for over 3 years. I have had 2 jh16s reshelled also. Great craftsmanship, the best customer service, quick turn around time, good price you won't find better especially if you're in CONUS it's a no brainer. I've had a universal tf10 next to my custom and did A/B and they sounded the same, no change in sound signature and I'm pretty sure Inearz has reshelled tons of TF10s.

Nov 18, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #8 of 14
Most people use the Westone style connector. I'm not sure about the Shure but you can definitely ask them about that. 

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #10 of 14
I believe their stock connector is Westone/JH/UE custom.  Definately better ask them about that.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #12 of 14
Do not reshell if you do not want to alter its sound. I tried UE about reshelling and was told, "Unfortunately, we do not offer this service as it distorts the intended sound signature."

Nov 19, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #14 of 14
Many people have had their TF10 reshelled by inearz and report sound signature retained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back