When did Grado change from vintage to modern box style?
Mar 16, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #2 of 23
ummmm I would have thought it's been for years considering all the videos from around 2004 had the "new" box style.

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #4 of 23
Hmm. Not sure, but in either case the Grado packaging is sparse to say the least.

Some will say "Great, I know I'm paying my money for a product and not packaging" but others will say "Grado is greedy and skimping on packaging for increased profits".

Either way, what matters most to the consumer will dictate his/her spending and the products merits vs. price point will ultimately decide if the product succeeds.

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 23

Quote:
Hmm. Not sure, but in either case the Grado packaging is sparse to say the least.

Some will say "Great, I know I'm paying my money for a product and not packaging" but others will say "Grado is greedy and skimping on packaging for increased profits".

Either way, what matters most to the consumer will dictate his/her spending and the products merits vs. price point will ultimately decide if the product succeeds.

HAHA off topic, I have a shirt, and flag with that saying on it.

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 23
The thin cardboard box supplier went out of business after 9/11. I believe the change happened in the beginning of 2002. Don't know the exact date but the thin cardboard boxes were definitely still being shipped with some RS1s in that year.

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
The old box looks much better IMO.  New box looks like toy or cereal packaging.

The blue foam in the old boxes disintegrate into powder after a few years and will do damage to the headphones. The boxes might look good but are totally useless for storage. The black foam in the new boxes seem to last longer but I agree-They look like crap.

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #11 of 23
personally i feel as though they can dress their product however they see fit, as long as they leave the product unaffected, and i am a happy camper. maybe they should just make the whole thing hot pink!

though i've never gotten a plastic box. or is that just a custom enclosure? i've only ever gotten the sr60s from them.

Mar 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #12 of 23
Where's that plastic case from?  What are its dimensions?

That old box looks too plain.  I like the newer one.  Cereal packaging?  They would have to add a mascot like Cap'n Crunch or Count Chocula and make the whole design much more colorful.  Toy packaging?  I'm okay with that, SR325is is my favorite toy.  =D

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #13 of 23
I NEVER put my 325is back in the pizza box which BTW, is stowed away.   Is this a really useless thread or what?  

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #14 of 23
Still waiting for someone to answer the question
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #15 of 23
Somewhere out there, there's a Grado geek who is also a history geek.  I wish it were me but I've seen some folks really plot out the Grado story.  Maybe this is a Bat Light in the sky, hailing them to come forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back