What's your favorite brand of liquor?
Apr 30, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #47 of 99
Damn. Where to start? These are in no particular order:

1. Irish cream for Irish car bombs. We're poor college students, so we use Ryan's Irish Cream instead of Bailey's. If anyone knows of a cheap substitute for Guinness, let me know.

2. Can't go wrong with Jagerbombs.

3. Whoever said Kahlua for White Russians is bang on. It's our official hockey night drink.

4. I found out a couple weeks ago that Gilbey's gin mixes gloriously with sweet tea. It takes like you're drinking a pine tree. I call it "BoGibley's" [sic].

5. Cuervo. A handle of that, plus a bunch of friends, plus limes, and you've got a great night.

6. I'm a fan of rum, and Sailor Jerry is definitely the way to go if you're drinking it straight. My friend once brought a flask of it when we both had physical therapy at the same time on our doctor's birthday. We made it halfway through our appointments (and the flask) before our doctor was finely like, "Do I smell... alcohol?" Good times.

Damn. Now I sound like an alcoholic...

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #48 of 99
I think you sailor jerry fans really need to try Mt. Gay. Seriously. I used to adore Sailor Jerry, but Mt Gay is far superior.

Apr 30, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #51 of 99
skyyvodka.jpg

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #53 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you sailor jerry fans really need to try Mt. Gay. Seriously. I used to adore Sailor Jerry, but Mt Gay is far superior.

But these are different *kinds of rum!

Sailor Jerry is a 92 proof spiced rum. Mount Gay is more of a traditional golden rum.

So, when i finish my bottle of Bacardi Añejo, I'll consider a bottle of Mount Gay.

Bacardi Añejo by the way, makes an outstandingly smooth rum & coke.

Apr 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #54 of 99
i'm too fickle to have one favorite.... but..

i just returned from Mexico, where i picked up an astoundingly good tequila, and a bargain at $30: La Cava de Don Agustin Anejo Reserva, which is apparently not available stateside. here's a pic of the Don Agustin reposado, which is in the US:

la%20cava%20de%20don%20agustin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back