What's your favorite brand of liquor?
Apr 28, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #16 of 99
2449554164_da85c7f691.jpg

It's pretty self-explanatory.

Apr 28, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #17 of 99
100 Year Grand Marnier. Regular is good, better if decanted. 100 year decanted is the best. The 150 year is like water. 100 year is best of the three.

wine-club_1996_4055935

Apr 28, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #20 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't buy Absinthe in the USA. You can buy a product in a bottle that says 'Absinthe' on the label, but it's just really expensive sambuca with green dye in it that's had a stick of wormwood waved over it ceremoniously. By law, the thujone component is several decimal points smaller than a percent. Essentially none at all.

Yes, quite a shame. There was a pretty informative thread about it in the members lounge earlier. Really the best bets one has in the U.S. are Kubler 53 and Lucid.

Apr 28, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #22 of 99
I'm fly like an eagle and I drink OLD CROW

Apr 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #24 of 99
Don't know if I have a favorite, but if I order anything with vodka it's definitely Ketel One. And not too long ago, someone turned me on to Elijah Craig bourbon, a little known brand that's considerably smoother than its price would have you think. Did a little research and found out that Elijah Craig is actually the guy who started making bourbon in Kentucky in the 19th century.

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #28 of 99
Quote:

You can't buy Absinthe in the USA. You can buy a product in a bottle that says 'Absinthe' on the label, but it's just really expensive sambuca with green dye in it that's had a stick of wormwood waved over it ceremoniously. By law, the thujone component is several decimal points smaller than a percent. Essentially none at all.

Agreed. If you want the REAL THING at a pretty decent price, check out Absinthe - Buy the Green Fairy online at ALANDIA

I've ordered from them a few times. They have a guaranteed customs thing too, if it gets seized, they send another. My box arrived labeled COMP-U-WARE.

Heh.

I have been getting mine from that company for 4 years or so now.

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #29 of 99
Quote:

At any rate . . .

100_sj_ru_bot_fam.jpg

I concur w/Sailor Jerry. This is indeed my favorite brand of any alcohol in the known world.

Nylan

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #30 of 99
Whisky: Various single malt scotches (Laphroaig Quarter Cask, Talisker 18/20, Lagavulin 16, Aberlour a'bunadh, Highland Park 18, etc.)
Vodka: Chopin (Grey Goose is waaaay overrated)
Gin: Tanqueray No. 10
Liqueur: Cointreau, Patrón XO Café, others...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back