What's your drink? (Cocktails)
Jul 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

Uncle Erik

Uncle Exotic
I'm a confirmed beer drinker, but I sometimes like a mixed drink.

My staple is the grayhound. Though I sometimes go for a martini, Manhattan or a gimlet.

What do you like?

Jul 8, 2011 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 57
Beer definitely.  Wine on occasions - good NZ Savignon Blanc, or Pinot Noir - love the French Bordeaux - have had the chance to try some really good ones in my travels :)

As far as spirits go - am normally a bourbon and coke drinker - but got the chance to visit Catalina a few years ago.  Introduced to frozen margaritas by one of our clients.  Had the best day - sitting in the sun - listening to a live jazz band, and proceeding to get horribly burnt, and very 'merry'.

Next day was painful - head, and sunburn - but totally worth it.  Whenever I go back to the States now, I always end up having at least one margarita.  Great memories!

Jul 8, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #5 of 57
White Russians &Screwdrivers

My favorites hands down. Other than that...Girly drinks. Pretty much anything frozen, or with Vodka and a juice in it.

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 57
Beer and Wine are my staples. As far as liquor goes, I like Irish Creme on the rocks (if I'm itching for sweet) or a nice single malt scotch. Cracked open a 12 year Glenfiddich last Christmas that was particularly enjoyable.

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #13 of 57
Nothing like a proper mojito in the summertime, or an irish cream + hot chocolate in a blizzard

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 57
Rum & cokes mainly driven by environmental factors, where friends are spontaneously buying drinks for each other and passing them around throughout the evening. This is the drink of choice for yachty-type sailors, so I just go with it by default, as I prefer not to mix hards. Its not that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back