Whats up with people and cats on this site?
Jul 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #46 of 76
Thats a terrific (and quite horrifying) tale you've got there.

Quote:
My cat once woke me up with the business part of his rear end an inch from my left eyeball, tail pointed directly to the ceiling.  I didn't know what I was looking at until it moved and I heard and felt the puff of wind.  The smell hit an instant later, and to this day I haven't been able to rid my memory of it completely.  I believe this technique is called 'the jet-eye', and due to the inherent evilness of all cats, my cat must therefore be a Sith lord.

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #48 of 76
I could see why so many people would put a cat as their avatar picture.

Lots of people think cat's are the coolest little things.  They are so soft and fun to pet!

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #49 of 76

Quote:
I could see why so many people would put a cat as their avatar picture.

Lots of people think cat's are the coolest little things.  They are so soft and fun to pet!

yeah.  totally. 
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #51 of 76

Personally not a big fan of cats, something eerily megalomaniacal about them. 

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #52 of 76

Personally not a big fan of cats, something eerily megalomaniacal about them. 

That's half the fun of keeping a cat around. You never know what the little demons are up to.

My sister's cat has, of late, been stealing laundry and other objects from the neighbors and leaving these gifts on their back porch. My two cats are too lazy to do that, but they're usually up to something.

You can't get that kind of entertainment from other pets. Dogs are far too obedient. Birds and fish are nice to look at, but that's about it.

Something that plots, schemes and has a mind of its own is much, much more entertaining.

Jul 14, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #53 of 76
I was just outside, thinking about all the Beanie Babies I sold on eBay, when one of the squatter out-door cats scaled the side of a neighbor’s house at about a 60-degree angle to the ground. The little assassin pulled a gecko off the siding from fifteen feet up. The cat moved at escape velocity. Lizard might have been dead before I could register startled. Kitty then pulled it apart like an abattoir union boss. At scale between a gecko and a cat, you just can’t get over the amount of overkill, so I gave him a little pat on the head and asked, “who’s a good kiddy?” To which I replied to myself, “you are!”

I like all domestic animals, b u t scale up domestic cats and you get big cats… the African tribesmen and California jogger eating kind.  When you scale a dog up, you get a horse. Occasionally, a horse will break a rich chick’s leg in The Hamptons; it’s not the same, though. Nothing scales more scarily than a cat. You can’t honestly judge without considering that.

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #55 of 76
I was never really a cat person until I recently took care of a kitten for a week. I still think the kitten I had for the time being was an exception - ridiculously friendly, mellow, and playful. Apparently my mother was able to give it a couple baths within that time, and the cat didn't complain or scratch.  In summary, cats are alright in my book
wink_face.gif

Jul 14, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #56 of 76
Cats are fun, affectionate and a joy to have around.......

Jul 14, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #58 of 76

Quote:
LOL. That might be going too far.. but not by much. Cats are soo creepy. Even when they try to show affection I guess by rubbing up against you.. thats even creepy. EHH and how they sometimes raise their cat ass in the air when you pet them. *shiver*

Exactly! I'm also generally creeped out by anything small enough to sneak out of my field of vision. I'm not fond of small children for a similar reason. They just go invisible on you. And then they might position themselves right in front of you so that you "accidentally" kick them. And then it's all your fault! People get angry at you when you kick their cats and/or children. But you know they went out of their way to cause you shame.

This is why my pet is a 120 lb giant Alaskan Malamute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back