Whats up with people and cats on this site?
Jul 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #16 of 76
[FlameSuite]
10 reasons why cats are better than dawgs.

• Cats use a litter box. You don’t have to get up at 6am to walk them in all types of weather. They also do not take much training in using a litter box as kittens. You just sit them in the litter box and they know what to do.
  • Cats are independent. You can leave a cat alone for a few days and they will not be traumatized. Just make sure you leave enough dry food and water available to them.
  • Cats wash themselves. While you may have to wash them very occasionally if they get into something dirty, cats do a good job of keeping themselves clean. Their self cleaning does lead to hairballs but there are ways to prevent hairballs.
  • Cats are quieter.  A cat’s meow is usually much quieter than a dogs bark. They will not wake you up in the middle of the night barking at anything that moves.
  • Cats are more sophisticated looking than dogs. Cats are sleek and almost always attractive. They give off a regal air when they sit.
  • Cats don’t usually beg for food. They might not always be happy with the food they are given but they won’t usually sit at the dining room table and beg for scraps.
  • Cats purr. There is nothing like a cat’s purr to make you feel good. It has been proven that a cat’s purr can lower your blood pressure and your stress levels. There are also studies that suggest that cats use their purring to manipulate humans.
  • Cats rub against you to show affection. They show affection by rubbing their heads against your legs or by giving you a gentle head butt.
  • Cats don’t expect to be taken for walks. Most cats will not tolerate being put on a leash and will not usually cooperate when you try to take them for a walk anyway.
  • Cats can live their entire lives indoors. While many people let their cats roam free, many others, especially in cities, keep their cats indoors at all times and the cats are perfectly happy and content.

(from http://therealowner.com/cats/10-reasons-why-cats-are-better-than-dogs)

[/FlameSuite]

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #18 of 76
here's another one for ya -
what's up with people putting headphones on their newborn, taking a photo, and using that as their avatar?

i mean, i like babies and all...  and hey, congrats to all those new parents.
but, the "baby wearing my headphones" avatars are becoming as numerous the "anime chic with headphones" avatars (of which there are dozens).

kittens?  they come in third. 
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #20 of 76
Quote:
here's another one for ya -
what's up with people putting headphones on their newborn, taking a photo, and using that as their avatar?

i mean, i like babies and all...  and hey, congrats to all those new parents.
but, the "baby wearing my headphones" avatars are becoming as numerous the "anime chic with headphones" avatars (of which there are dozens).

kittens?  they come in third. 
wink.gif

What's with all those people who have their names somewhere in their avatar? Seems a little repetitive to me.

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #21 of 76

Quote:
What's with all those people who have their names somewhere in their avatar? Seems a little repetitive to me.

dang it, head injury!  you can't use your incomparable wit on me, man!  we're
wink.gif
like buds, right? 

Jul 12, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #23 of 76
All this pretzel cat talk is making me thirsty for some reason !

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #27 of 76
Quote:

You know. This forum is the first place I saw that. But, since I first saw it, I've seen it a dozen other times. In this forum.

About time for a new Image of the Month.

Also, my cats have never thrown up grass, despite consuming vast quantities of it. They're machines, and I fear for my safety.

The boy, he's recently taken to luring me into patches of plants with surprisingly sharp serrated leaves. I've got cuts crisscrossing my arms. But it's not enough to do me in, and he knows that. He's just taking his time, enjoying every moment.

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #28 of 76
A cat crawled into my mouth once while I was asleep. Well, either a cat or a really hairy baby. 

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #30 of 76
How has no one posted Bose Kitty yet? I'm disappointed in you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back