What's the first CD…
Aug 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #76 of 118
My first two cds were:

Billy Joel Stormfront
MC Hammer Turn this Motha Out

I remember them well.  I must have been about 12 years old.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #78 of 118
wow seriously??? not as good as this:

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #84 of 118
Nirvana : Unplugged in New York.

Still have no idea why I picked it over Nevermind, I don't normally go for live albums, however I'm glad I did in hindsight. It's still my favorite from them and still pretty high on my all time list. In fact, I think it's time I give it another listen.

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #86 of 118
one of my dads friends game me a gift card for tower records one birthday. didn't really know much about music i was just told pick 2 albums out. somehow i ended up with will smith big willy style and mase - harlem world. those are the 1st cd's i ever bought.

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #88 of 118
the real question for me is, what's the last CD you buy before switching over entirely to Pandora and net radio, supplemented with some high definition downloads, and good regular doses of live music :wink:

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #89 of 118
The first CD I recall buying, huh.... It's either got to be Stadium Arcadium by The Red Hot Chili Peppers or The Battle Of Las Angeles by Rage Against the Machine.

And,in response to the previous post, I still buy CD's in addition to downloads.  I buy CD's of artists I really like and don't want to lose. If my computer crashes, for example.

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #90 of 118
The first one I payed for... looks like Black Ice by AC/DC. Granted, I had amassed quite a collection of my mom's "I don't want this anymore, you want it" and the lucky duplicates lying around.

The first one I was given, was also AC/DC. It was around the same time of receiving Bad Co so I'm not sure which was first exactly, but I'm leaning to AC/DC. So it looks like Back in Black started my collection and 10 From 6 pushed me further down the slippery slope of no return.

And in response to melomaniac: Isn't ~950Kbps FLAC better than 128Kbps Pandora? Net radio is alright for finding music, but the only way to listen on a computer is a file that isn't compressed for streaming or buffering IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back