What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #78 of 239

Quote:
I have recieved the beats and after about half a day with them I have to say that if you need noise cancellation and you listen to bass heavy music they see to work fine but on violins they seem to be missing the sharpness and clarity needed. I have to say these are not for me. They did nothing special and unless someone says they absolutely need a long burn in (I highly doub't this), these will be going on trademe (New Zealand eBay)

You have some fantastic headsphones.. why on earth did you order the Beats?? If it was just for noise cancelling then there are a number of better options.. I expect violins do sound bad ha ha

Not having a go at you.. just seems strange! 

Mar 24, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #79 of 239
I didn't hate on beats at all until a kid came up to me when I was studying at starbucks and said...

Kid
"What headphones are those? You should try my Beats, they sound awesome!"

I said,
"Its ok, I've heard them before and I like mine better."

Kid
"Mine cost $400, if yours are not as much as mine, they are probably a cheap brand."

What

I dont hate beats, I hate people who own them and think that they are superior to others....

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #80 of 239

Quote:
I didn't hate on beats at all until a kid came up to me when I was studying at starbucks and said...

Kid

I said,

Kid
"Mine cost $400, if yours are not as much as mine, they are probably a cheap brand."

What

I dont hate beats, I hate people who own them and think that they are superior to others....

Lol now hipsters will hate you!

Mar 24, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #83 of 239

Quote:

Kid

I said,

Kid

What

I totally agree with you; people with beats thinks that they are "the best sounding" headphones and thought no others can match it. It's probably their first upgrade from ibuds... 

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #84 of 239
I had some money to spare, so I decided to see what the hype was for myself. I had to try for myself, the hedaphone which quite a lot of people like but seem to be hated and almost a banned subject on Head-Fi.

In New Zealand there are no test stations so I had no way of listening to them myself (they are price out of reach for most people in NZ) so I had to purchase them.

I know it's strange but who goes though life without periods of awkwardness.

I've decided to stay away from mainstream headphones permanently, My new LCD-2's should help me along.

Quote:
You have some fantastic headsphones.. why on earth did you order the Beats?? If it was just for noise cancelling then there are a number of better options.. I expect violins do sound bad ha ha

Not having a go at you.. just seems strange! 

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #85 of 239
Woah, some people nowadays.

If this happened to be I'm pretty sure I'd have quite a few thing to say like "you call those headphones? My cheapest pair cost more than that and my most expensive pair are 6 times what yours cost)

Quote:

Kid

I said,

Kid

What

May 22, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #87 of 239
The video on their homepage is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.  A bunch of serious looking people doing and saying things that seem serious plus a bunch of expensive crap.  Yowzers.

http://beatsbydre.com/Default.aspx

May 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #89 of 239

Quote:
The video on their homepage is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.  A bunch of serious looking people doing and saying things that seem serious plus a bunch of expensive crap.  Yowzers.

http://beatsbydre.com/Default.aspx

Ok I just watched the whole thing... and here's my synopsis:

Dr. Dre is at a cliff, watching the waves hit the rocks below. He has glimpses of his life, which are mainly some of his music videos and racial insurgence. Some gunfire and stuff like that. Then what appears to be either his or his son's childhood. Then he gets into his Porsche (bought thanks to all the Beats he sold), starts speeding up on a bridge, has a huge flip and crashes, nearly dead.

Cut to him in a steampunk-like operation room.where he is hanging dead by some steel wires (normal medical procedure), connected through some tubes to some machines and with an oxygen mask. Some half-naked greek Goddess-like woman is contorting above him. Eminem comes in, and starts rapping in the middle of the place, expressing his platonic love for Dre, showing clips of them being BFFs, and gets accompannied by the hot contortionist in the chorus.

While Dre is dying, Eminem is singing and the stripper is dancing; the doctors are showing around their gadgets, including iPads (with the HP logo in full view on the screen) and cellphones. Because it's not like they have better things to do, since that rap song is much more efficient than anything they could do.

Next the guy is submerged in a tank, with no breathing mask, while Eminem keeps rapping, so it's safe to assume he's pretty dead. More product placement: Eminem is wearing a white G-Shock, pratically rubbing it in the camera's lense. Dre moves his fingers, even though he's submerged with no oxygen available. What a guy.

Cut to another steampunk hospital room. Dre is waking up (apparently being hanged by wires and depraved of air really works) and Eminem is there. The doctors make motor tests on him, with a weird torture-like contraption plugged into a Beats laptop - stuff you can find in any hospital, really. Next it's Dre's turn to rap while he lifts weights, because he can't stop working out just because he was dead and stuff. Even more product placement: some energetic drink my mind failed to recognize, but must be available somewhere for 49.99$ a bottle. By now, he's just insulting people who let him down, with a lot of racial slur and homophobia mixed up. He also mentioned that Eminem is the only person he needs (I can't wait for these love birds to be on the cover of a Holywood magazine asthe new Jolie/Pitt couple).

Finally he exits the horror-house/medical facility and goes visit the grave for someone I didn't bother to research.

So all in all, a great example of what music has become. Ah, Cobain, your predictions hold true.

May 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #90 of 239
Another one of these threads? Really?

deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back