What's the deal with Audez'e?
Jan 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

csholtmeier

Head-Fier
Just got my email that my set is ready. A good month longer than the Audez'e site indicated. If I continually produced results at my job a month after I said they'd be ready, I wouldn't have a job that allowed me to buy such premium items as LCD-2's.

And before members start chiming in with "it's a small operation, only two people producing them", my department has three people. One member of my team (me), travels quite a bit. We produce results, on time.

Whatever happened to "under-promise, over-deliver"?

Needless to say, I will not be buying LCD-2's. How long will it take Audez'e to correct a problem, should one arise? My high-end ortho dollar went to Hifiman.

Jan 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #2 of 21
[size=medium]then don't buy them, it's one person less in the pre-order list and I'm sure it will make someone extremely happy to receive them early, as they say good things come to those who wait, you went with hifiman, I will not comment on that… or yes I will you should have waited :)[/size]

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 21
Although I have only heard the LCD-2 which sounds great, rumor says the HE-6 is excellent as well. Enjoy
beerchug.gif

( Since you ask, the Audeze people have full-time jobs as well as their small headphone operation ( that's at least what's being said). That might make things more difficult than if you have a department of full-time staff.)
They have a habit of fixing problems immediately. But one or two people have reported that they had to wait for some time.
Also, since you didn't have to pay until the unit was ready to ship, you had your freedom to decide whether you wanted to wait.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 21
But you have not paid them anything.
When you have actually paid that preimium price, you do get premium service, IMHO.

Quote:
I'd rather be an attention whore than a troll.

The only impression I'm mistakenly under is that a premium price comes with premium service.

Jan 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:
I'd rather be an attention whore than a troll.

The only impression I'm mistakenly under is that a premium price comes with premium service.

Well I'm glad you admitted to being one...and this is simply a matter of perception.  To me you are both as this is a troll thread.  Not to mention we have already been there done that with this exact same type of thread regarding the wait time for the LCD-2.

As Defective already stated, and what I thought would be blatantly obvious to pretty much anyone, you don't deserve "premium service" just because you put your name on a waiting list.  You shelled out no money for any product so technically you are not obligated to receive anything.  Please get over yourself already and go enjoy your HE-6.

My grandmother always told me not to cut off my nose to spite my face.  That's essentially what you're doing here.  If you want to miss out on owning the LCD-2 no one here is really going to care.  You just deprive yourself of the experience of possibly finding the one headphone that truly does it for you.

Quote:
Quote:
Yet more ... drivel from people mistakenly under the impression that they are entitled to something in life.

this is quite uncalled for and slightly offensive, i was under the impression that head-fi was a community.

Head-Fi is a community and you are entitled to your opinion.  I am as well.

To me the attitude in which this thread was generated is slightly offensive and I find it to be a complete waste of bandwidth

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #8 of 21
Well put.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #10 of 21

Quote:
you don't deserve "premium service" just because you put your name on a waiting list.  You shelled out no money for any product so technically you are not obligated to receive anything.  

I do not require clients (even new ones) to pay in advance, yet I work my ass off to make sure schedules are met. Your logic is severely flawed. Just because this is a "hobby" item, the rules of good business practice do not apply?

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #12 of 21
Money goes where the head leads. It's a pointless thread beyond the fact that the brand cannot meet schedules (if they are effectively late).

Cans will come to dazzle us and sooner or later they will go and a few in between will also come by because this is a hobby. Most cans as time go by will be but a memory. Enjoy the stuff you have now. Personally, I value commitment and I try to not disappoint even though I may be forced to fail also on ocasion. Your wallet has voted.

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #13 of 21
You already bought your HE-6, which is supposedly great too, so what's your problem?

They do not promise to deliver the LCD-2 within one month either, so why this childish rant?

Quote:

I do not require clients (even new ones) to pay in advance, yet I work my ass off to make sure schedules are met. Your logic is severely flawed. Just because this is a "hobby" item, the rules of good business practice do not apply?

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #14 of 21
I think consumers have every right to rant and complain about sellers who don't meet expectations.  Some older head-fiers will remember when too much deference was paid to a certain Russian amp builder, lots of good people lost a lot of money.  I don't think I have to remind anyone how much those amps were desired within the community.  If that weren't enough, there were problems with yet another amp builder who didn't deliver on goods either.

Jan 10, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
You already bought your HE-6, which is supposedly great too, so what's your problem?

They do not promise to deliver the LCD-2 within one month either, so why this childish rant?

Quote:

One month was the lead time clearly stated on the Audez'e website. I guess one person's "holding vendors to a certain level of responsiblity" is another's "childish rant".

There seems to be a lax attitude towards such things in this hobby. Like my D7000's that were "misplaced" for a month and a half by Lawton Audio. I think it's a dangerous thing to be so blase about. It leads to people being ripped off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back