What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Feb 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #391 of 1,242
Hey there people.

I have a question.

I've ordered the Audioquest Carbon from Amazon. I'm using an IFI Ipurifier2 in my setup. My question is, will the purifier nullifie the improvement that i get through the cable because it's connected to the DAC, i mean between the cable and the DAC? Or should i remove my IPurifier from my audio chain?

I hope someone can help me with this.

thx

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #392 of 1,242
Hey there people.

I have a question.

I've ordered the Audioquest Carbon from Amazon. I'm using an IFI Ipurifier2 in my setup. My question is, will the purifier nullifie the improvement that i get through the cable because it's connected to the DAC, i mean between the cable and the DAC? Or should i remove my IPurifier from my audio chain?

thx

No, because there won't be any difference between that cable and a $3 Belkin cable.

Feb 29, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #393 of 1,242
Hey there people.

I have a question.

thx
You'll need to listen for yourself. The iPurifier2 has worked for me in a few situations, in others it's been a disappointment. It depends on your particular system and whether you like what it does to the sound (i.e individual preference). The USB cable is only part of the equation.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #394 of 1,242
Hey there people.

I have a question.

thx
No, because there won't be any difference between that cable and a $3 Belkin cable.
Thats what i'm gonna find out. But i'm with you on this, Cables are Snake Oil. But we'll see.

Mar 1, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #395 of 1,242
Hey there people.

I have a question.

thx

Not sure but make sure you order the smallest distance of cable for your needs. Even the expensive cable manufacturers that could make more money from longer cables say it’s a true concept.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #396 of 1,242
Thats what i'm gonna find out. But i'm with you on this, Cables are Snake Oil. But we'll see.

Cables are not snake oil in that they do make an audible difference, but price is no guarantee of performance. The belkin usb is a perfect example - As good as just about anything, yet costs only ~$10.

Mar 1, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #397 of 1,242
At different price point those 3 represent very good value. I have used all 3 with success.
8837385E-D721-47B6-B061-D25734A3DD66.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #398 of 1,242
Then again, I've used a ton of different <$3 cables, all with success too.
Actually, the only cable I've ever NOT gotten to work was an $800 Wireworld coax cable that I got pretty cheaply just for the heck of it. Couldn't get it to work. My best guess was that the connectors had some gunk/oxidation on the inside of the parts that hold onto the coax jacks which was preventing a good connection.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #399 of 1,242
At different price point those 3 represent very good value. I have used all 3 with success.
8837385E-D721-47B6-B061-D25734A3DD66.jpeg

Which did u like the most? I have the Curious Evolved cable on order..

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #400 of 1,242
Which did u like the most? I have the Curious Evolved cable on order..
Curious is the best of the 3... and the most expensive.
It provides amazing "presence": you feel the band is in the room with you...

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #401 of 1,242
Curious is the best of the 3... and the most expensive.
It provides amazing "presence": you feel the band is in the room with you...

OK I feel quite relieved now.. Thanks!

Mar 6, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #402 of 1,242
Not sure but make sure you order the smallest distance of cable for your needs. Even the expensive cable manufacturers that could make more money from longer cables say it’s a true concept.

This is true to speaker cables and interconnects. USB (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) cables are a completely different story.

Mar 9, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #403 of 1,242
I sent the Audioquest Carbon back. Too much money but i've read about another cable which seems promising.
The Supra USB Cable
https://www.whathifi.com/supra/usb-20/review
I'm gonna try this next.
Maybe it's an improvement to my Audioquest Forest.

Mar 10, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #404 of 1,242
I sent the Audioquest Carbon back. Too much money but i've read about another cable which seems promising.
The Supra USB Cable
https://www.whathifi.com/supra/usb-20/review
I'm gonna try this next.
Maybe it's an improvement to my Audioquest Forest.
Supra is quite detailed but a bit artificially shouty. If distance Is not a concern, please try the uptone uspcb. price is similar (I own both and like both, but uspcb is technically better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back