What's The Best Portable Headphone Amp?????
Aug 6, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #31 of 47
Try the Fiio E7 amp/dac - it is 94 dollars now on amazon with free shipping.  You need to get a line out audio cable too for the ipod.  I think you would enjoy it.  I am no expert by any means like most of the other people, but it will drive your headphones and since you are new to the amp arena like I am too, I think you would enjoy the E7 and you would also enjoy that you don't have too spend too much money to get a new one.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #34 of 47
But if he's looking to buy an amp just to boost the bass...

I wonder if it's possible to get the right EQ settings for the sound signature of higher end amps.. 

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #37 of 47

Quote:
no im not lookin for an amp to bass boost. is it possible for me to equalize from my source while using an amp (source will be a iphone)

Zaphod - don't use the equaliser that comes with the iPhone.  It's awful.  Look in the app store and either buy Equ or Equaliser.  Both add very good quality parametric equaliser for iPod Touch  or iPhone.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #39 of 47
I am DISGUSTED!!! No one has mentioned the UHA-4! It is reasonably slim, has a DAC and powers the HD650's (and a few other full sized cans I'm told) very well, give it a shot too!

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #40 of 47
i'm in love with the uha-4 so i'm gonna recommend it too. i just got it outfitted with the opa627 after trying it with the ad8610 for a month, and the thing pairs perfectly with the er-4s. i've got that dark musical lovin piping out of the er-4s finally. great synergy with cold analytical iems.

Quote:
I am DISGUSTED!!! No one has mentioned the UHA-4! It is reasonably slim, has a DAC and powers the HD650's (and a few other full sized cans I'm told) very well, give it a shot too!

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #41 of 47
I did a lot of research and listening at a few meets and really like the Leckton, the D6 for power or the D12 for flexibility. The best sounding portable I have heard is the DACPort but it isn't self powered and is over the 300-350 mark people have discussed.

The DACPort has 650mW per channel of class A, that is just amazing in a portable and the sound is awesome, but the class A part is why it powers only off USB....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Aug 6, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #42 of 47

Quote:

I did in post #28...

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #43 of 47
AHHH more confusion for me now :D 

the uha-4, pico slim or 4G. sigh. anyone know what would be the best for a basshead that has a low impedance denon and will probably upgrade to another denon in the future? :D btw also would like to state that i mostly listen to electronic, house and reggae but mostly i find the bass and the highs(highs are mainly for electronic like deadmau5, but bass is still VERY important) more important to me.

Aug 14, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #45 of 47
i went for a uha-4 because well, i found 1 in the trade forum and a DAC could be pretty usefull for me. but if a DAC does not appeal for u, from what i have read and learnt on this forum, u would be better of waiting for the 4g to come out and somebody to make a comparison between the 4g and pico slim. that doesnt take long though, im sure in about 3 days that people start receiving their 4G, u would probably be able to find some1 that has owned both and that can give u a little advice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back