What's so good about metal?
Jan 17, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #61 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would you say that metal is more about the message from the music rather than the sound itself? Or both, as in the sound creates the message (because honestly with all that screaming in the extreme stuff, trying to make out the lyrics is like deciphering a code)

I don't care about the message. It's all about the attitude and the energy.

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #62 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So would you say that metal is more about the message from the music rather than the sound itself? Or both, as in the sound creates the message (because honestly with all that screaming in the extreme stuff, trying to make out the lyrics is like deciphering a code)

Its both. There's a lot of political content for people pissed with the system.. there's a lot of anti-religious content for people pissed with the pressure of organized religion, and then there's the stuff that deals with more personal stuff, anti-conformism, fitting in, etc.

This also translates into the music. A lot of metal is 'angry' in that its in your face. The music is heavy and (usually)fast, because a lot of people who write this (the good artists) actually feel this opposition to whatever they're writing about.

Its a genre based on energy.

Metal is a very hard thing to define but if I were to attempt to describe what metal is, it would be this

Metal is the channeling of negative energy into something that makes you feel positively about yourself.

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #64 of 143
@Bojamijams: I had a great childhood. And my parents are still together. I must be a weirdo.
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I really think this thread (or at least Asmox's post) should be stickied. Or preserved forever in formaldehyde.

Jan 17, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #65 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Bojamijams: I had a great childhood. And my parents are still together. I must be a weirdo.
biggrin.gif

There's one in every group =D

Jan 17, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #66 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I really think this thread (or at least Asmox's post) should be stickied. Or preserved forever in formaldehyde.

Weido in a group of weirdos. You'll blend in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #70 of 143
That song is one of the better CC songs I know, and technicality is amazing too. Pretty fast hand and finger movevement, and PRECISE too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #73 of 143
you think that's inaccessible, maybe you shouldn't listen to drone/doom.
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #74 of 143
Quote:

Originally Posted by NajoBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MaZa, just out of curiosity, who's that guy on your avatar?

Its an album cover of Andacht by a black metal band Lunar Aurora.

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/4/1/4/141424.jpg

On a side note, that "thrasher" guy in the video I posted has done quite a bit of metal covers. Anyone interested in metal guitar playing should check out his vids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back