What would be a suitable upgrade from the Sony V6's?
Jul 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EternalEmpire

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade from my Sony V6 to something better sometime in the near future and was wondering what a suitable upgrade would be. Bass is important to me but I don't want its presence to be so strong that it takes away the clarity of the music. My favourite music genre is metal and its many subgenres, though I listen to a variety including alternative rock, trance, dubstep, and industrial so a headphone which performs well with many music genres would be best for my uses. I don't have an amp so a headphone which requires one would probably not be for me since I don't really have the money to buy both an amp and a new pair of headphones right now.

Idealy, I'd like to spend under £100 but the Sony V6 are probably the best performers in their price range so I expect I might have to raise my budget a little.

Thanks for any, and all responses.

Jul 4, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I found the Sony 7509HD a very nice upgrade from the V6.  If you enjoy the V6's sound, the 7509HD should also appeal to you.

It seems these headphones are fairly hard to get hold of in the UK, I can't find them anywhere online that would deliver to the UK and they're quite considerably over my budget unfortunately.

Does anyone else have any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back