What would be a significant upgrade from Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro for music?
Aug 30, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #33 of 35
Not a big fan with how on occasion the treble on the dt 1990 will be too much and hurts my ears a bit.

I just enjoyed the amount of detail and the soundstage capabilities of the dt 1990 and how i could seemingly hear almost anything though one complaint would be maybe voices didn't appear to be exactly centered depending on the audio track.

Initially i had considered maybe HD 800 from Sennheiser but probably not good as i never / almost never listen to classical or those kinds of music. I mostly listen to i.e. Imagine Dragons, italian pop, The Weeknd, James Bay, Lindsey Stirling, Of Monsters and Men, Sia, Harry Styles and older rock/metal from AFI, The Killers, Tenacious D, Disturbed, Eric Johnson to name a few.

Was thinking to maybe go all out on HifiMan Arya, was comparing it to Focal / Sennheiser / Beyerdynamic but am not 100% convinced on it. If I do purchase it it'll likely be the last pair i buy for the next 20+ years.
If this is your range ($1000-$1700 before amp considerations), then you might want to try and play the waiting game for more affordable ribbon headphone designs.

You'll need a new amp - or a modified speaker amp - though.

Aug 30, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #34 of 35
If this is your range ($1000-$1700 before amp considerations), then you might want to try and play the waiting game for more affordable ribbon headphone designs.

You'll need a new amp - or a modified speaker amp - though.
I had just ordered the Hifiman Arya last night. Was on clearance sale, brand new open box for $1200 USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back