what will you buy in 2004?
Nov 25, 2004 at 7:56 PM Post #121 of 161
Hi marios_mar!
Long time no see
600smile.gif

This is what I wrote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anders K.
I´m looking forward to buying a pair of HD-600 (not used) really cheap from Germany. I´ll get them for $220, usually they costs $360 here in Sweden. Later this year it is possible I get a new source (CDP).

Well, I got the HD-600 phones from Meier-Audio. Still looking forward to buy a new source.

/Anders
SWEDEN

Nov 25, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #122 of 161
hi guys again guys.

hope you are doing well these days Anders. I am using HD600s right now. They are my current phones. How do you drive those? I am excpecting a PPA to arrive any day now. I hope they do become more trasparent and clear sounding. I am so spoiled by electrostatics!!

Anders have you thought of getting a player from ebay.de

You could get the Sony xa20es CDP which should make an excellent transport and it would play very well too with its own DAC. You could get that anywhere from 190-270 EUROS.

Then again there is the Shanling S100 MKII with upsampling 24 bitDAC (i think this player is identical to the Music HAll CD25) for like 300 EUROS.

And lastly there is the EMU 1212m

Nov 25, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #123 of 161
marios,
I use a Creek OBH-11 to drive my HD-600.
I´ll have to wait with the cdp. I do not know what I´m looking for. DVD-Audio, Super Audio, HDCD??? Or just a plain cdp.

/Anders

Nov 25, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #124 of 161
I bought more gear than I care to admit this year. But wait, the year isn't over yet!

My favorite headphone related purchase are the Grace amps. Wonderful. Hope to try them in balanced mode this week.

Favorite non headphone-audio is between the Infinity Preludes, or the Nuclear Sub project. The system is evolving very nicely. Still trying to decide between high quality D/A with analog active crossover, or one of the all digital options that are becoming available.

And music discoveries! I had never heard Chucho Valdes before, and now I am a huge fan. Numerous other latin jazz discoveries. There is also the whole Nordic Roots movement from Northside records (thanks Tony!). Highly recommended if you are looking to broaden your musical horizons.

gerG

Nov 25, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #125 of 161
It's funny how I did the exact opposite of what I said I was going to do...

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I'm going to get a new amplifier

I'll also get a headphone amp

In other things...I intend to buy a new MiniDisc deck

I'll have to get another CD player also

As for a portable...I don't know about that anytime soon

I'm gonna get Akira eventually, and I like that disney atlantis movie...so I'll get that too.

AMPLIFIER = no
Headphone Amp = no
MD deck = no
CD player (deck) = no
MD units... = YES!! OMG (check profile)
CD Units = YES!! OMG (same)

lol

I have also gotten/made:
2 pairs of Speakers
Subwoofer
sub amplifier
new guitar
2 dvd burners
minidiscs

Nov 25, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #126 of 161
Quote:

Well I dont really want to have to do it, but if I continue to have problems with the X-Can v3 hissing with the CD3k, then I'd probably be after a new amp, probably a Perreaux.

Well, I got the Perreaux after all.... then I sold it, and got a Rega Ear... then sold that, and now I've got a Classic.

Not only that, but I sold the CD3K, bought and sold the HD650, rebought the DT531's (which I still have), bought and sold the K240S.

Finally, the trusty Terratec was replaced with the EMU 0404.

A lot more action than I obviously anticipated
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #130 of 161
2004 was a monumental year for me in terms for audio. In this year I -

Got my first full-sized source.

Got my first home amplifier

Found out a lot about cables

Got my second home amplifier
wink.gif

Got some great headphones, learned to love Beyerdynamic again

Was able to dable a bit in portable audio, got some new toys, experiemented with canal phones

Got Sensaphonics

And inside of year, I am reaching that platuea where I'll happily stay for a while.
smily_headphones1.gif
There's just one more headphone purchase to make, and there's now set schedule for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 5:04 AM Post #131 of 161
I guess it would be first a headphones amp (SS probably, there isnt much money ledt after the 1200$ spent in the last 3 months), a new sound card (Audiophile USB probably) a few good music CD's, a new speaker wiring, the crap I've got now dosent do any good tp my tube amp.

and I guess I'll find something more to buy, after all I have a whole year to think about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #132 of 161
Quote:

Plainsong:
And inside of year, I am reaching that platuea where I'll happily stay for a while. There's just one more headphone purchase to make, and there's now set schedule for that.

lol, you have been here long enough to know better than to make a statement like that
tongue.gif

I think that particular statement is # 2 or 3 on the "you might be a headfiholic if..." list.

gerG

Nov 26, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #133 of 161
This year I'm getting the HD650 and the PPX3 or the PPX3-6SN7.
Definitely I'm getting the headphones first.
cool.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #134 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
I'm thinking of Grado or Alessandro headphones but haven't dicided yet.

Maybe an amp, if I get the Grados

Lots and lots of music
smily_headphones1.gif

Well...

Got the MS-1s, after that a MINT amp and lots of CDs.
So I was right about that.

But I forgot the mention the other half of the year.
biggrin.gif

Where I got and sold the MS-2s.
Got the HD25-1s
And a Classic about to be on it's way. But that won't be here until December so that's almost next year and doesn't count.
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 10:09 AM Post #135 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Well...

Got the MS-1s, after that a MINT amp and lots of CDs.
So I was right about that.

But I forgot the mention the other half of the year.
biggrin.gif

Where I got and sold the MS-2s.
Got the HD25-1s
And a Classic about to be on it's way. But that won't be here until December so that's almost next year and doesn't count.
tongue.gif

way to go Lisa you have outdone yourself this year. And imagine that the year is not over yet. X-mas is coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back