what will you buy in 2004?
Jan 5, 2004 at 3:16 PM Post #106 of 161
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Well, it took just 5 days into the new year, and I've already bought some new headphones. Its a bloody illness I tell yas!!
biggrin.gif

Well, what did you buy?

"Hi, my name is scottder, and it's been 3 months since I've bought headphones!"
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2004 at 3:27 PM Post #107 of 161
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
May want to also consider the E3c. A few reviews have already been posted.

Scott

Will bear those in mind Scott. I should have some pennies by the end of the month.

Jan 5, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #108 of 161
I'll perhaps buy a vintage PCDP, I'll definitely buy an iRiver 380t and maybe I'll buy some new open headphones for home use to replace my 780s. Maybe the Alessandro Music series 1 w/ senn pads
smily_headphones1.gif

Stay tuned for a "Omg !!11 which headphone is teh best 4 me" post :p

-Taurui

Jan 5, 2004 at 6:08 PM Post #109 of 161
A few work related purchases this year will be:
Senn HD650
BEYER DT880
GRADO SR225 or 325

Then, I will sell off all the stuff I no longer need:
Stax SR404
Sony CD3K
A couple pairs of ICs
All the above headphones once I am done with them

And IF I get a chance to hear one, I would like to sell the KGSS and buy an electrostatic tube amp so I can toy with tuberolling to get the exact sound I want from the Omega II.

Jan 5, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #110 of 161
Quote:

Originally posted by scottder
Well, what did you buy?

"Hi, my name is scottder, and it's been 3 months since I've bought headphones!"
biggrin.gif

Hi, my name is Paul, and I caved in and bought some HD650's. I am so ashamed
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2004 at 6:11 PM Post #111 of 161
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Hi, my name is Paul, and I caved in and bought some HD650's. I am so ashamed
biggrin.gif

You do realize your only logical next step....Stax....now where are the forms for that second mortgage?
biggrin.gif

Scott

Jan 5, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #114 of 161
Hm...this year. Well, first and foremost is an iRiver iHP120. Second is probably a pair of AKG K240S. Also, continuing the growth of my CD collection takes priority over all. Unfortunately, I've also got my eye on the EW9. And I'm gonna need a computer for school.
EDIT
I'd just like to add I actually got everything on my list from last year. D66s, 1 bit minidisc unit, movies, books, CDs, more Minidiscs. Here's hoping for a succesful 2nd year
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2004 at 11:35 PM Post #115 of 161
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
i tried this last year and had a good response. the basic question is what headphones do you plan on buying this coming year? if you want to throw in a source or an amp feel free. it would be interesting to dig up last years thread and see what people said, and really turned out doing. i know i way overdid what i said i was going to do. i did get the audio technica's. but i went way beyond that with some stax 404's and just recently a new rega planet cd player, oh and i almost forgot the kevin gilmore solid state amp. i guess i way out did it........

The Headphone-Burn-in Manual.

Nov 25, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #119 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
so what did you buy from what you said you would buy 10 months ago so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
No need for headphone upgrade here... I already have the perfect ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

A little daydreaming of Emmeline and Singlepower amps, but after all I'm satisfied with what I have.

But what's on my wish list is new source equipment: a passably affordable universal player (Denon A 11 ?, Marantz...?, Teac/Esoteric...?) as well as the perfect portable HDD player with analog and digital out and high-end sound... (maybe the next iRiver generation?).

I'm very close to my first goal: my new universal player is bought and on the way: a McCormack UDP-1 -- according to my test audition it will be my last source.
rolleyes.gif

My Archos Gmini 220 doesn't have the mentioned features and isn't the ideal player when it comes to handling and reliability, but in terms of sound quality it's what I've hoped for. We'll see what next year will bring.

peacesign.gif

Nov 25, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #120 of 161
I've pretty much far exceeded my 2004 list of goals in terms of acquisitions without killing my financial future in the process. I hope that FY 2005 will be more of the same...
eek.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back