What was your first Headphone?
Jan 17, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #47 of 115
First decent ones were the KSC-75s
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #48 of 115
Way back in the 70's & 80's I used my Dad's Koss PRO/4AA while he was away at sea
wink.gif
and when he was home I'd dig out my Koss K/6LC (thought the volume controls were great!!).

Fast forward to 2001 (I think) and I got some Senn HD265s (the Koss earpads really had given up the ghost by then), then to 2005 and I got my DT770s.

Thanks to this forum I heard about Darth Beyers and a pair of those should be on their way to me in the next couple of days
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #52 of 115
Some Pioneer cans. Which I received as a gift from my parents in the late -70's.
They are long gone though, so I don't remember their model number.

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #53 of 115
My first headphones were a pair of Fosters I bought in 1967 (ish). They were ok but nowhere as good as the AKG K60s I bought a year of two later. I also had one of their cheap moving coil microphones. I am amused to learn that while Foster in those days was a fairly low end manufacturer of headphones and microphones they have progressed a bit since then and now apparently OEM manufacture headphones for almost everybody.

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #54 of 115
My first headphones were whatever junk came free with my first Sony Cassette walkman, and the surprisingly decent, but still low end freebies that came with my first JVC PCDP and Sony MD player. The first pair of phones I ever had that weren't a freebie were a pair of the old Sony Streetstyles that everyone at the time was wearing. If we want to talk first 'real' headphone, like many a person on Head-fi, it was a pair of KSC 75 I picked up back when Radio Shack was having them on a $10 sale.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #55 of 115
Hm.... aside from pack-in junk or the free earphones from airline movies, I think that my first real headphone was the Sony MDR-something-or other "Nude" earbuds... which were actually alright. I used Platronics headset-phones for a while also, as I was online-gaming quite a bit.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #56 of 115
My 1st headphones were a pair of huge Magnavox phones circa the early 70's which then led to me using whatever came w/the Walkman type players I used followed by a mediocre pair of Koss headphones,then a couple of V6'S followed by Sennheiser HD440 II'S and finally my HD485's.....that's my headphone history such as it is.

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #58 of 115
The Sennheiser HD497. I thought it was fantastic up until year and half ago, before I found this site ; )

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #59 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously?

I think they were yellow headphone that came with my sanyo tape deck. Something like it.

Also my first tape deck which was black, but I don't remember the brand, might be Sanyo

Same here. My fist "serious" headphone was a senn I bought in college (I have no idea of the model number), then a Shure e3c--> ety er4p--> westone um2.

Jan 17, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #60 of 115
My first heaphone is a Sony MDR-V500DJ (40 Ohms version); I found them not so bad. But There's a huge difference with my recent Ultrasone PL750; wich is may be my first Headphone with a big "H" ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back